Pmlsmr, Home Buyer in Largo, FL

what are the HOA fees for Avalon Resort on Sth Missouri & why are there so many condos coming up for sale...is there a legal case going on?

Asked by Pmlsmr, Largo, FL Sun Oct 14, 2012

Answers

2
Avalon on Missouri in Clearwater was built in 2000, originally as apartsments and then converted over to condos. When the prices fell many were upside down which led to problems with the Condo Association budget. There is currently an assessment of aprox. $2046-3477 depending on the unit which can be paid quarterly. You would want to check on any unit before purchasing to see if the assessment has been paid yet or not. The one bedroom monthlys show from $180-270 and the two bedroom from $270-389.

In the last year 23 have sold of which 10 were Short Sales and 7 Bank owned. There are 4 pending three of which are Short Sales and 1 Bank owned. There are 2 Active with Contract which are both Short Sales. There is only 1 one bedroom for sale right now and that is a regular sale. A large turnover in this case is good. Those will now be paying owners ,helping to rebuild the HOA.

I do not know if there are any legal cases pending.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your reply. I am based in Europe and do not fully understand what the "assessment" is for and for what duration it will have to be paid. Are you able to explain further. Once again, many thanks
Flag Fri Oct 26, 2012
$261 for a one bedroom. IF you did a search for Avalon, put in Avalon of Clearwater. Otherwise, you will get all of the listings for the Avalon in Orlando, as well, which was just taken over by the bank thru foreclosure. There is only one unit for sale at the Avalon of Clearwater. Let us know how we can help you.

Bill Szydlowski