Anna, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

what are good neiborhoods to buy property in the Austin area?

Asked by Anna, San Francisco, CA Sun Aug 14, 2011

Answers

9
Don Groff’s answer
Hello Anna,

There really are plenty of great places and neighborhoods in and around Austin. Are you looking to purchase as an investor or a place to live? Depending on your answer that could broaden or narrow down the size of your search. Obviously it also depends on how much you are looking to spend. So as you can see there are lots of questions to be answered before any real helpful answers can be given.

As a Realtor it is against our code to push clients into specific areas. Those decisions need to be made by the client and the client alone. It is our job to educate you so you can make the best decision possible though. Let me know if I can help in any way. I would be happy to send you a relocation package including a 200 page Relocation Guide.

Best of luck to you.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
Anna,

I believe the most important question for an agent to ask you is what are your needs for your family in a neighborhood. There are so many great neighborhoods in Austin that it is an open ended question to answer without really knowing what is important for your needs, wants and desires in a neighborhood. I would love to help you more. vanessanunez.realtor@gmail.com 512-750-5716, contact me and we can chat. Have a great day!

Warmest regards,

Vanessa Nunez
Hi Anna,

As mentioned earlier, there are a lot of factors that determine what is the right fit for you or you and your family. From newer construction near the lake to a charming bungalow centrally located. I would be happy to discuss different neighborhoods throughout Austin. You can also visit my home page where there is a quick link to various neighborhoods.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
Yes, there are many good neighborhoods to buy property in Austin. it would be helpful to know what you are trying to achieve - investment? owner-occupant? something for the short term? A realtor should be able to help you determine what is right for you. If you would like to contact me, I can do my best to help you sift through some options.

With kind regards,

Angele Moyseos
Realtor®
Vox Real Estate LLC
mobile 512.466.8252
acmoyseos@gmail.com
Hi, Anna:

There are indeed many factors to consider. In short, however, Austin's centrally located neighborhoods (within 7 miles or so of downtown) have held strongest in terms of value. As Austin continues to expand and grow, the desire to live closer in has increased and undoubtedly will continue to increase. I have assisted my last 2 clients in relocating to Central Austin from the San Francisco area (both now own beautiful homes here) and am currently assising a third from CA in locating an investment property in Central Austin. If there are any questions at all I can answer for you, I am more than happy to do so.

Marian Millard
Richard Schley Realty, LLC/Private Label Realty
mariansellsaustin@gmail.com
512.293.3330
Hi Anna,

I recently helped a couple move from the Lamplight Village area to an area that more closely matched their needs as a family with a young child. In that case it turned out that a South Austin neighborhood was perfect and we sold their Lamplight Village house for a good price and they purchased a beautiful home in Legend Oaks. That was right for them. The more important question is what is right for you? It is important to discuss you are looking for in a new neighborhood - schools? access to entertainment? a location closer to your work? A particular style of home? A price range?

I'd be more than happy to sit down with you to discuss what your priorities are to see how I could best assist you in a move to a neighborhood that best meets your needs! Feel free to email or call so we can get together.
Heather - 512-789-1871

Heather Kight
heather@heathershomes360.com
Many questions come up. Are you buying the home for yourself or investment? What is improtant to you; schools, close to work, central location or suburbs, kids, retirement, near hike & bike, price range etc.???
A Realtor will be able to guide you through the buying process and help you find what you are looking for.

Susan
Depends on what your goals are, what your price point is, there are many things to consider. Are you looking to invest or buy property to live in or both?
That is a good question that has many factors, Your agent can help you with that or if you don't have an agent I would be glad to discuss this in detail with you.
Web Reference: http://warren.kwrealty.com