In My Neighborhood in 03031>Question Details

Kevin Ericks…, Home Buyer in Murray, UT

we will be moving to N.H. prefer Amherst, my wife is an R.N. and she will be working in Manchester, how are the roads in the winter

Asked by Kevin Erickson, Murray, UT Thu Aug 9, 2012

? Are they plowed very often?

Answers

8
When I moved here from Massachusetts, a border state, I notice how well maintained the roads are in the winter. NH takes great pride in snow removal. If you drive just over the state line after a winter storm you will see a marked difference in the condition of the road. Let it snow...
I live in amherst nh and work in Manchester. My son is in college at U of Utah. The man he rents his apartment from is in Murray. If you are coming here from Utah, you will have no problem getting to work and navigating the roads. My husband and I are preparing our home for sale. We built our home 12 years ago (moved here from Chicago) and the man who built it lives in town. It's a great home.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 24, 2012
If you need assistance in selling your home, please feel free to contact me.
Scott Godzyk
sctprop@aol.com
Trulia's #1 Agent in NH
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
Amhest has just redone some highly trafficked roads making the commute to work SO much more pleasant!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
If you need a rental for the meantime until you get familiar with the area, we have a great house coming up for rent in Bedford. It is four bedrooms and will soon be listed publicly for rent on Craig's List. Rent is $2700/month without utilities.

Also, the roads are very good, but like in any area there are some that could be better. I would suggest a four wheel drive car or at a minimum, front wheel drive with studded snow tires. With these you will get through just about anything.
Web Reference: http://www.nhhomemarket.com
Kevin NH is used to snow and the roads are well maintained. Main roads are constantly plowed and the highways are constantly and consistantly plowed into Manchester. If you would like some help in finding a home, i would Love to help you.
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Hi Kevin,

I live in Amherst and have for 15 years. Both of my children have gone to college at UNH and at some point have been at the Manchester campus. The trip is approximately 20-25 minutes depending upon traffic. The winters can be quite harsh but the roads are always plowed and passable that said, a 4 wheel drive car is definitely recommended. Good luck with your move.

Liz Gould
603-860-2776
Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
168 South River Road
Bedford, NH 03110
liz.gould@kw.com
As a former Vermonter and someone who has driven to Manchester many times, my advice is buy your wife a Subaru or other all wheel drive vehicle and invest in snow tires. IT's a wonderful part of the country but in the winter you have to expect there's going to be snow and or ice to deal with somewhat regularly and while they tend to do a good job plowing it's always best to be prepared.
Kevin , Amherst is a nice place to live. Roads here are plowed pretty well in the winter. Amherst to Manchester is about a twenty minute drive. When are you coming for a visit?

Lise Tremblay Realtor
Prudential Verani Realty
Visit My Website

Click Here To Visit Me on the Web
http://www.SouthernNHHomeSearch.com

P. 603 888-4600 ext.1138
C. 603 377-0771
F. 603 891-1486
we will be flying in some time in Sept. and are going to stay for 7 days
Flag Fri Aug 10, 2012