Lsgherza, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

we are interested in looking into riverwalk. we are from new jersey and would like to purchase as a retirement home. can you tell me more about it?

Asked by Lsgherza, West Palm Beach, FL Sun Feb 12, 2012

such as age of people living in the community, crime rate, cleanliness, how friendly, and what activities are available.

Answers

5
Visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging. Check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; so, you should check out demographics on your own to assure your comfort level can be reached. When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 12, 2012
I've lived in Riverwalk since 2007 and it is wonderful. There are a range of ages in the community from young families to retirees. I would say that the majority of the people that live here are over 50 however. The community itself is beautiful and well kept, at any time of the morning, afternoon, or evening you will find people walking their dogs, jogging, or biking along the well maintained sidewalk of the 3.3 mile circle that the houses are arranged around. The crime rate is low and with the 24 hour manned gate I felt safe jogging alone even at night. There are 3 swimming pools (one of which is a dedicated lap pool just off the fitness center), a large number of clay tennis courts and shuffle board courts within the community. Everything is exceptionally well maintained.
I am a 32 year old professional and am currently selling my capri (7748 Nile River Rd) due to a new job further south. I would reccomend this community to anyone, it is truly a gem.
Hello:

Riverwalk, VillageWalk and Olympia are both very nice communities. Call me or we can meet at my office to talk about finding you the best suited home in those gated communities. We are a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of The World (The largest Relocation Network).

Gene Platt REALTOR®
Illustrated Properties Real Estate
(561) 632-5400
genedpla@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ShowMePalmBeach
Riverwalk has some strange features. In one example, mail is not delivered to your home. It goes to a mail station in the center of the community. You have to go there to get it. There are others. Everything looks pretty uniform. Reminded me of Stepford when I looked there. I settled on Andros Isle, a half-mile west of Riverwalk. HOA fees are really low considering what you get for them. All lawn care, tree care, hedge clipping, 24-hour manned security, and if you own a villa, they even pay for house painting and roof cleaning. Pool, clubhouse, and exercise room are really nice, too. Compared to Riverwalk, I found the homes in Andros Isle to be more diverse, better designs, lots of high ceilings, most have screened patios, granite countertops in kitchens. Very friendly people here. I moved here a year ago and the community has so far exceeded my expectations. You should check Andros Isle out before you decide. Good luck!
Yes I live an agent and live in Andros Isle and really like it very much. It has low HOA fees for what you get and a beautiful Club House and great Security in a guard gated community. I feel very safe at Andros Isle. If you have any interest in buying I can help you buy any place in the state I have been licensed since 1995 in the state of Florida and am a Realtor with

Contintinental Properties
Joan Zimmerman
561.294.8712
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
Hello Lsgherza!

Are you still looking?

I have a lot of personal experience buying homes in Riverwalk.
Please email me directly at maja.loi@floridamoves.com if I may be of any help :)

Thank you :)

Maja

Maja Loi, Coldwell Banker