In My Neighborhood in 33705>Question Details

Jt3451, Other/Just Looking in Saint Petersburg, FL

waterside at coqunia what do you think about the complex all the forclosures and the area i hear its kind of a crappy nieghborhood?

Asked by Jt3451, Saint Petersburg, FL Sat Nov 28, 2009

Answers

3
Just an honest answer:"Even though it is very affordable...I personally would not buy there."
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 28, 2009
We have lived at Waterside at Coquina Key happily for three years. We have never had a problem. There is a guard at the gate 24/7. You have to show ID to get in. There is a roving guard on the property 24/7 as well as security cameras. The neighborhood of Coquina Key Island has a neighborhood crime watch. I am from NYC, lived there all my life, I know what a bad neighborhood is, I assure you. I feel safe here at the complex and in the surrounding neighborhood. In 3 years of living here I have yet to hear a police siren, that is the truth. The community is becoming more established and attracting more mature and retired people. The foreclosures that exist here are no more than any other area in hard hit Florida. We have many neighbors that have been here as long as or longer than us. The island of Coquina Key, people are buying homes and fixing them up. There are many upscale houses here as well. There are always children playing outside on the island (only a handful of children are living at Waterside right now). Also the surrounding area, Sunrise drive, Bahama Shores, etc. are very nice. The views at Waterside are spectacular! And it is quiet.
To access Waterside at Coquina Key you do have to drive through "lower pride of ownership areas ", but that is similar to many neighborhoods in St Pete. Everyone's preferences are different. $75K for a two bedroom on the water in a gated community is a wonderful opportunity for the right person. (that's why there have been over 100 sales there this year.) The foreclosures are mainly from the investors that bought during it's original conversion in 2006, not from full time residents as many other communities.

CIndy Hendriks
The HENDRIKS Team
Smith & Associates Real Estate
Saint Petersburg
727-365-4591
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 29, 2009