In My Neighborhood in 83705>Question Details

alex535733, Renter in Salem, OR

trying to buy an empty lot to build a house

Asked by alex535733, Salem, OR Fri Jan 18, 2013

Answers

8
Phil Mount’s answer
Hi Alex,

I maintain a comprehensive dabase of vacant lots all over Ada County both in residential areas and in areas with acreage lots up to 5 acres. Many of these are not actively listed, but I work directly with the owners when I have an interested buyer. I am happy to share this information with you, and help you narrow down what sort of property you are looking for. Many lots are controlled by specific developers, but I know what lots are available in areas that are open to all builders.

And if you are interested in building a new home, I can refer you to some of the top builders in the area via our Construction Concierge Service. We have builders who build at every price point, and can direct you to builders who focus on a particular architectural style, from contemporary to Mediteranian, bungalow to Mid-century retro, I can help you with builder selection. My service can also advise on construction financing with a number of specialized lenders.

I am happy to help however I can, and look forward to working with you in person!
There are many builders that have a good supply of lots for you to choose from if you aren't going to build it yourself. Good luck.
there is an empty lot for sale by owner on maple grove between overland and victory...I cant remember the name of the street but there is a big white sign..that says "lot for sale by owner" good luck
Are you talking about the lot on Tether? It's right by the Cinema and Carls JR? I would call the owner and see what he has it for sale for. I work for Le Bois Realty and we have a Fannie Mae home for sale across from it. I have the # because I was going to call on it myself but it would be great to connect you and then to connect you to a builder. Let me know!
Flag Mon Apr 7, 2014
Alex,
If you are looking for a lot to build a home, there are available lots all over the valley depending on what size of property you are looking to have, if you would be willing to put in your own septic, well or if you want to be in a subdivision where you are on city services. There are also properties with more restrictive CC&R's. You can see why it is great to know more about what you are wanting to have.

If you can give me some more parameters of what you are looking to have when you are finished, I can see what is available that would work and get that information out to you for you to take a look at.

There are lots that are small acreages out in the country and lots closer in that are smaller. On some you may need to build within a certain time frame and others you could wait to start construction. This would all depend on the area and circumstances of the lot.

Let me know if you have further questions. I am here to help you.
Alex- I represent many developers who have lots in the valley ranging in price from just under 30k to nearly 90k depending on location and or waterfront. If we can help let us know. These particular locations will allow you to bring your own builder or use one of ours. Thanks for the opportunity
Denali Heights - 1/4 acre to 1/2 acre lots $33k to $59k Quiet Rural Setting - 9 minutes access to freeway.

Dale Alverson 208-863-3093
The market in Boise and Meridian is HOT, but there are lots available. However, many are builder owned lots and require you to use a specific builder to construct the your home. Be careful who you choose, and check references. Other lots you bring your own builder and they can be hard to find in this market you need a realtor who specializes in new construction. We are also experiencing shortages in some trades which compounds the problem and length of time from start of construction to finish. New construction is currently taking 3 to 4 months to complete. I specialize in new construction and would enjoy discussing all your options with you. I am your complete real estate solution and look forward to answering any other questions you may have. If you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment please call me at (208) 890-9952 or email me at mpecchenino@msn.com

Best Regards
Mark Pecchenino
Silverhawk Realty
Where are you looking? Boise? Meridian? How big of a lot or home? Check out our website to search further. Many times lots are already taken by certain builders.