April Acuff, Other/Just Looking in Canton, MI

to the residents of Palmer Woods that may read this."Hello".My husband and I are really considering living in P.W......we are from the South,please

Asked by April Acuff, Canton, MI Wed Feb 16, 2011

tell me the pros and the cons of living in such a beautiful historic neighborhood.We notice that you're community have jazz events,parade of homes.This would be right up our ally.We are mainly concern about crime,school and shopping...(groceries)...I lived with my aunt on mendota and 8 mile in the summers so,I am a bit familiar with the auro of the city. Anyone please?

Answers

6
Thanks for your interest!

Please feel free to contact me for more information regarding this unit or to schedule a showing!

Looking forward to assisting you.

S. Toni Jennings | Realtor®
City Living Detroit | Redefining Urban Living
444 West Willis, Ste. 108, Detroit, MI 48201
Mobile: 313.409.4740
Main: 313.242.7800
April,
I am not a resident, but my Daughter and Son in Law bought a home in Palmer Woods about 9 months ago. I baby sit for them 3 days a week so I am in the neighborhood quite a bit. It's a beautiful area and I was impressed on how well the homes are maintained. Palmer Woods is a nice area of the city, I have never felt insecure or worried about my safety. My Daughter is into running marathons and jogs all around the area without fear. With regards to groceries, I usually shop in Ferndale or Royal Oak which is only a mile or two up Woodward. My grandson will be starting pre school in a couple of weeks around the Wayne State area and will have to be driven. The only con so far has been is there isn't any playgrounds that we can walk to so we have to drive to parks for him to play. Hope this gives you some insight.
April:

Good Afternoon!! You can contact the Detroit Police Department for crime stats in the area and they'll be glad to give them to you. For the schools go to http://www.schoolmatters.com. Palmer Woods is a beautiful area. With the market being in the condition it is currently in, now is the time to buy since home prices are below market value. Get yourself a buyers agent to assit you in your seach. Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Good Luck and Welcome Back to Detroit.

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Hi April

I would suggest going to the Palmer Woods website http://palmerwoods.org/
Contains helpful information and some people you could contact (Board of directors)
about the neighborhood.
Best of Luck

Mike Warren
734-634-5868
email: mikewarren@kw.com
Hi April! Good choice. Palmer Woods is THE premier neighborhood in Detroit. You might want to consider buying under market value from an investor instead of at market value from a realtor. Welcome back to the D!
It's a great area. Have shown many a fine home there. One of my fellow Coldwell Banker agents lives in the neighborhood and if you contact me, I can put you in touch with him.