In My Neighborhood in Morada>Question Details

Lovecchio, Home Owner in Morada, CA

there's a vacant house across from me and it's a mess, who do we contact to clean it up

Asked by Lovecchio, Morada, CA Sat May 28, 2011

owners not known to us, should we concider cleaning up the front yard so it doesn't make ours look bad?

Help the community by answering this question:


If you do not have some sort of a Homeowner's Association then I would definitely contact the city. If it is bad enough they will most likely do something about it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 31, 2011
Check and file your complaint with the city. If the city posts a notice and the owner does not respond, the city may send a crew to maintain the property and bill the owner. If it is foreclosed and the owner is a bank, they are not exempt from keeping the property in decent condition out of courtesy to the neighbors like yourself who are concerned about their own property values.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue May 31, 2011
If you want to find out who the current owner is you can always go on the registry of deed website. You can also call your local town hall as Laura has suggested.
Good luck!!! I hope you are able to get someone to take care of it. It is rather frustrating when you live in a nice neighborhood and there is one that ruins it!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Hello Home Owner,
I suggest that you contact your local city government's complaint department and report the vacant property as a blight to the neighborhood. I know that in my area the owners could be fined if they don't clean it up.
Hope this helps.
Good luck!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 28, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer