In My Neighborhood in 62034>Question Details

vsavsa, Home Buyer in Glen Carbon, IL

the school superentend is a crook and got the stupid school board to let him get $250000 unpaid vacation money , what about that when the schol

Asked by vsavsa, Glen Carbon, IL Mon Mar 12, 2012

diatrict is laying off teachers

Answers

3
This is not the forum for rants. Sorry, is there a real estate question here?
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 12, 2012
You could run for school board and propose some changes. The outlook for teacher hiring is not the best it has been. School districts face a lot of challenges, even when parents are involved and vocal. My advice is to attend school board meetings, visit your schools on parent-teacher night and back up your teacher.

The subject you describe has some bearing on neighborhoods. People choose neighborhoods based on schools. But a discussion is a very large one.

I'll offer this:

A recent Los Angeles Times story submitted by a special education teacher revealed all the conflicting messages a teacher receives during the year. The article begins with teacher revealing he had a bad review. Then he went on to describe all the conflicting direction he received before being dubbed "a bad teacher." It's a good read and offers a front line perspective on administrators. I came away thinking there is a lot of scrutiny of teachers. Who is watching the watchers, though?
It sounds like he has taken the lead of the government we have, it's not their money so give it away.