In My Neighborhood in 33032>Question Details

Sergio  About…, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

question is if construcion material have asvr[ecto

Asked by Sergio About Hoa, Hialeah, FL Fri Nov 4, 2011

Answers

4
Not all home building inspectors will be able to test for asbestos Sergio. If you have any questions or doubts about a property having asbestos, you will need to contact an asbestos specialist directly. You can do this during your inspection period. One note of warning, asbestos specialists are not cheap, but definitely worth looking into.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Hello Sergio

During the inspection period a licensed inspector will check the property and will provide you with a report of the findings. If asbestos is found and it wasn't disclose by the Seller,the determination based on the conditions of the contract will be yours in continuing by proceding with the repair or cancelling the contract. If you cancel the contract will be within the stipulated time written in the contract and with the report provided to you by the licensed inspector.

I hope it helps
Not sure what your exact question is, but there are still remainders of asbestos in older homes.
Hi Sergio.

I assume you are asking about asbestos. It was a material that provided great insulation properties but has been found to cause methoselioma (spelling) which is a disease in the lungs and for which I don't believe a cure has been found.

A home inspector or a licensed contractor should be able to test your home and determine if asbestos is present as well as a plan to remove it. They should wear the "spacesuits" with masks/ventilators so that they don't breath it in.

The most common areas for asbestos that I am aware of are the "cottage cheese" ceilings and on ductwork.