Kathryn Orms…, Home Seller in Southampton, NJ

presently living and working in NJ- looking to relocate to more affordable area. How is the area, climate, housing, jobs, etc?

Asked by Kathryn Ormsby, Southampton, NJ Thu Aug 9, 2012

Answers

2
Brett Cooley, Real Estate Pro in Florida
As a native to Florida, I can tell you that many areas of the state have grown significantly over the past 20 years. Most people, like my parents, relocated from northern states such as NY, NJ, PA, OH to escape the cold winters.

You can expect tempetures in the 70's during the day and 50's at night on most winter days. If you live inland (Orlando, Gainesville), the summers can get pretty hot. Living on the coast has it's advantages as it can be up to 10 degrees cooler due to the seabreeze.

Housing inventories are low right now. As interest rates tick up, I anticipate more homes to hit the market. However, as that happens I also believe that home prices will escalate. The biggest difference that you will notice between FL an NJ is the amount you pay for real estate taxes. That is the most mentioned and celebrated topic from my northern clients.

I see the job market having a slight growth / rebound over the past year. Florida is has a high service related industry due to retirees and tourism. However there also are many technical, medical, and educational opportunities that are available.

Most importantly, what would you like to do with your free time? You can do just about anything (without snow) here in Florida all year round. There is fishing, boating, camping, beaches, state parks, concerts, local events, etc.. Honesty, I don't think you'll ever find that you have nothing to do.

Hopefully this has helped. Give me a call if you have any other questions or would like further assistance in finding a Florida home.

Brett Cooley
Broker / Owner
Tarpon Realty
727-322-3224
Kathryn,
There will be no comparison to NJ.
What I have discovered, if you are not happy where you are at, you won't be happy where you are going. Those with a grateful heart will find much to celebrate about this slice of paradise called Florida.

Just yesterday, a home buyer from NY marveled at the avocado, orange and grapefruit trees in the yard. The opportunity to make everyday a beach day, to be as active as you desire, to thrive in an environment as diverse as can be found anywhere in the USA. They are looking forward to a new way of living.

The choices available to you, just like anyplace you choose to live, will depend on YOUR economy.
Take a look at what happening through sources other than fairy tale aggregate websites.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group, Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://www.RealEstateMadeEZ.us