In My Neighborhood in 78737>Question Details

cefalu, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

oving from california to auston tx. looking for a home in a very ,very goodarea around between 400.000 @500.000.....CAN YOU HELP.?

Asked by cefalu, Austin, TX Thu Mar 8, 2012

Answers

32
Jeffrey Nyland’s answer
Sure!

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS, ABR
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey@NylandTeam.com
http://www.NylandTeam.com
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
We would be happy to send you a
Would you be interested in a 3/2 ranch home on 4.79 ac. in Bastrop County for less than $300,000? This home is within 20 of Austin-Bergstrom airport and an easy commute to Austin. Great for family, bring kids, horses, goats, etc. Lots of space to plant your garden or orchard. Only minutes from shopping area, but not in city limits. Property includes new metal building for your business. Let's make a deal, I'm ready to move to California!
There is nothing I can add except "ditto" to all the responses listed below! As someone who has been through the relocation process myself, you'll want to visit our fair city in person to find out first hand what the natural beauty of this place is all about. Until then, feel free to search my website for all the latest listings and community information.

Moving to Austin is the best and easiest decision you'll ever make!

All My Best,

Kim Stanley
GRI, e-PRO, SRES, SRS
RE/MAX1
512-337-0261
Web Reference: http://www.Team1Austin.com
I would be honored to help you find the.perfect property to call home. I have lived in Austin most all my life and delighted to help you! Please feel free to contact me if I can help you out. Thank you for.your time, I look forward to hearing from you!
Can I ever.....all you have to do... is pick up the phone and call 512-762-5896. By the way Austin is spelled A U S T I N.
YES I can help you! As an Architect and Real Estate Broker I offer a most comprehensive list of services. It is a great time to buy in Austin.

Do you have school age children? If so are you interested in the IB schools? Where will you need to drive to work? Or will you work out of your new home?

Claire McIntyre, Architect / Broker
512-699-9912
If you have kids in school Lake Travis ISD is one great school district. And it's located between Lake Travis and Lake Austin. Call me I can help.

Tim Sweeney
30 years experience
512-762-5896 http://www.TimSweeneyRealtor.com
I'm certain every one of us on here would be more than happy to assist you! Your price point allows you the flexibility of looking in most areas in and around the Greater Austin area. I would most certainly be happy to work with you.

David G. Pimentel
REALTOR®
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Anderson Properties
Cell 512.797.3901 Fax 512.476.3604
david@andersonprops.com
Our family team of Realtor's are relocation experts and are more than happy to help you. Check out our recommendations on Zillow, http://www.zillow.com/profile/AustinRealEstateTeam/Reviews?my=y You will see several review from past relocation and local clients.
Please feel free to send me an email with your physical address and I will get out extensive relocation packet out in the mail to you.
Log in to our website to search homes, no popups, no spam, no charge, set up listing alerts to get current homes available in our market as they are listed. Check out the Market Insider Tool to see local area information including pricing, days on market and other important information.
Our family values the opportunity to earn your business and exceed your Real Estate Expectations!
Kind regards, Chris and family - The Austin Real Estate Team of Keller Williams Realty.
Sure not a problem, we have a range of homes available and depending on what is important to your lifestyle and where you would like to be in relation to Austin proper or in one of the other communities around Austin. You can also visit my website and do a free preliminary listing search to get a feel of what is available in your desired range.

I see you have had a lot of good responses, however if I can be of service I'd be glad to assist. Should you decide to employ my services in your home search just give me a call and we can schedule a time to meet once you arrive in Austin.

Kevin Roy
ERA Bettinger Realtors, Inc.
512-426-2689
Cefalu,

Good day to you. Congratulations on your relocation upcoming relocation to the Austin, TX area. While I know you are potentially relocating from a beautiful part of the country, I feel confident that you will find Austin and the surrounding hill country equally beautiful in its own right. Austin is REALLY a cool place to call home. It is diversified, educated, funky, eclectic, value driven in terms of affordability and offers so many qualities of life.

The main thing to keep in mind with regard to the property taxes is that in Texas there is no state income tax therefore the bulk of tax revenue is derived from property taxes. The bulk of your property taxes are the school taxes so feel good in the since that since you may have school aged children your money is going towards their benefit.

As for finding a home you have quite a gambit of opportunity given your basic parameters. $400K to $500K will purchase a lot of home in Austin depending on the specific area (location) and whether it is a fully custom home or not. Don't know your job situation obviously but AMD is to the S-SE while Dell sits right in the middle of Round Rock to the North. Given the IH35 corridor and the newer Toll way system you have some flexibility in terms of daily commute but only you can best determine what that driving threshold is based on distance, time and personal preference. Obviously there are several factors to consider- will you be in the office everyday or able to work from home some portion of the time? Will you be traveling outside Austin a great deal and need good access to the airport? What type of commute are you already use to? What type of hours will you potentially work- a normal 8-5 routine or something else?

With regards to good schools again you have a lot of opportunity depending on only the parameters you set? Sounds like one thing you would like are neighborhood schools or at least schools very close to home. That is certainly doable especially within the more modern master planned communities. The Lake Travis area is a great area given your price point and acheives most all of the qualitites you seek. Type of housing may also dictate a direction. If you are thinking new vs. resale that will certainly have an impact. on the decision process. Your targeted price range is certainly achievable but again that will definitely impact location.

So you have a million decisions and limited information. That is the hardest part of relocation. Fortunately in our world today there is this thing called the internet- thank goodness. So you can gain enormous amounts of information from the convenience of your present home office and in quick time. Regardless, I hope you will give strong consideration to the use of a professional Realtor to assist you. That will /should go a long way towards minimizing the stress related to relocation if you have the right Professional representing you and the good part is in Texas their fees are normally paid by the Sellers. Feel free to visit our web site at http://www.CornerstoneNewHomeSolutions.com where you can search for homes both New and Resale or search communities, schools, areas, etc all without obligation. If you need more specific information or have questions please feel free to contact us at your convenience. I would be happy to speak with you more specifically regarding your relocation endeavor.

Stephen B. McClain, Broker Owner
Cornerstone New Home Solutions

http://www.CornerstoneNewHomeSolutions.com
512-876-3116
Hi Cefalu,

I think that you will find that what you get for the price range differs here from California. Are you wanting to be in that price range to be near great schools? We can find some very nice homes, within highly rated school districts for the price range you are asking about, and maybe even a little lower.

You can check out some local area homes for sale at my link below, or call or email me and let me know a few more details and I can tailor a search for you that will fit your specific criteria. I can also send you some links with local area and school information.

Welcome to Texas!

Sara Scott
Keller Williams Realty | Cedar Park, TX
512-578-8525
Web Reference: http://www.homesbysara.net/
Wow what a question to ask a bunch of realtors! I have been in Austin my whole life and have been selling Real Estate for about 20 years. If you want old Central Austin at that price call me. If you are willing to move further out I can help you but so can many others. Susan at 512.699.7577 susandeg@ameliabullock.com
You have a substantial budget, Cefalu. You didn't have a broker or agent in California who could recommend a professional in Austin? Hmm. Well, I'd backtrack and start fresh.

I would be happy to help with your home purchase. In this price range, you can find anything from a master planned community to central pocket neighborhood with older remodeled home.

Feel free to visit my website to search by specific neighborhood. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
If you are looking in the Highland Lakes area, give me a call.
Call ME!! I'm the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
(ok, maybe just Austin : )

Jack Armstrong
512.567.1000
http://www.ArmstrongGroup.Info
Of course you have no shortage of responses here as there are so many eager and capable agents in Austin. Lots of good areas, just depends on what you like. I do things a little differently in that I am a Realtor AND lender. So I can get you preapproved almost instantly for a loan if you need one, and find you a home too. One contact is easier, especially with relocation.
Jeff@trueaustinhomes.com. 512-917-8142
Sign up for alerts when homes you want hit the market at http://www.myaustinhousehunt.com
Wow are you going to get bombarded with answers from Realtors! Try to pick one that fits with your personality and can work with your schedule, as well as being great at what they do. There are many great neighborhoods here. A lot will depend on how far you have to travel for work, if at all; if you have children that will be in the public school system (biggest concern in Austin areas); what you like, etc., etc. Call or email me if you would like to talk! Marsha 512-797-3903 or email at marshaross@gmail.com

Either way - Good Luck to You!
I can show you some extraordinary homes in your price range. I migrated here from Seattle in 2006 and Austin is a great town.

For my clients I put in 110%

Give me a call, email, or text anytime to get the process started.

Robert H. Nelson
Broker and Owner
The Associates Austin
512.517.4432
robert@highway290west.com
Hello! Cefalu sounds like a South Louisiana last name; is that the case here?

I will be more than happy to help, and I'm willing to negotiate my commission. If you are interested in speaking further, please call me at 512-574-9100.

Take care,

George Kountoupis
REALTOR
Recar & Associates
I would be more than happy to help you out. There are several very nice areas in and around Austin
that you can purchase a home for something between $400k and $500k. What are some of the specifics that you are looking for? Size of home, square footage, szie of lot, preferred school district, etc.....
I have lived in Austin since 1988 and have been in the real estate business since 2001 and thus, I know
I'll be able to help you locate a desirable home.

John Raudy
512-554-3749
johnraudy@yahoo.com
Hello there,

Our family moved here from the Bay Area in '97 and live in S. Austin, but there are several great subdivisions here. We live in the Circle C subdivision which has great schools and has shopping, a new movie theatre opening in the next couple of weeks, restaurants, a couple of parks with disc goft, soccer fields, playscapes, and all of this is within walking distance from the Circle C subdivision. There are nice areas just west of Austin in the Dripping Springs area that is in a great school district too. I can provide you with several others too if you'd like.

Welcome to Austin--you will love it.

Warmest regards,

Danielle "Dani" Whitacre
Realtor®, GRI, SRS
Private Label Realty
(512) 689-7495 Cell
(512) 301-1306 Fax
dani@daniwhitacre.com

Search 1000's of Homes Instantly
Go To: http://www.DaniWhitacre.com

Someone you can trust!
I moved from San Diego 6 years ago for a career change and fell in love w Travis Heights. I advertise in San Diego and Orange county in an effort to help people just like you. I would be happy to meet with you and show you around. There are so many things you'll love about Austin. Happy to help!

Steve Robertson
512.925.8333
http://Www.robertsonProperty.com
As a native Californian that relocated to Austin years ago I am the man to help. I work areas throughout Central Texas and my out of state clients consider me Mr. Chamber of Commerce because I love showing Austin off. Also, I have a broker's license which is not because I want to have agents working under me but I want to offer every bit of expertise to my clients. I am also a Certified ECO Broker meaning I look for energy savings in construction. Please give me a day of your time to convince you I know my stuff....and I know Austin.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker/PLR
Certified ECO Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522
I'm sure you are going to get a ton of responses from this question.

And of course I would love to help you out as well. I would first need to know what is important to you. Things such as if you have any kids and if so the ages so that you can put them in good schools. Size and age of house is also important. Also, if you want something that is fairly new or an older one that has been updated. These are options that you will help me narrow your search.

If you decide to choose me, my contact information is below.

Brian Iguchi
512-517-3556
biguchi@austin.rr.com
Be sure to check out the beautiful area called Cat Mountain in Northwest Austin. It just may remind you of Cali. Have fun shopping!
I would love to visit with you about your upcoming move. I work all of Austin but specialize in southwest and west Austin, including the Dripping Springs areas. Please check out my website to find out more about me.

Holly Allen, CRS,GRI, CNE
(cell) 512-239-8600
Web Reference: http://HollyAllen.net
Yes, I can.
You want to be in central Austin.
Old Austin.
I am very familiar and can help you.

Daniel Crum
Ready Real Estate
(512) 470-9161
Absolutely! Please email me any requirements to heather@heatherglencross.com and I can email you the latest listings from the MLS and set you up with a search too! I live in Hays County and know it and South Austin well.
Heather G
512-789-7010 cell