In My Neighborhood in 32666>Question Details

John D Wuorio, Home Buyer in Norwich, CT

nearest grocery and hardware store. is there any public transit in the area?

Asked by John D Wuorio, Norwich, CT Thu Aug 30, 2012

Answers

1
I live in this zip code on a rural property. Melrose and Keystone Heights within 10 minutes drive and there are the two nearest towns. BOTH have excellent ACE Hardware stores and KH also has a True Value which is more building supplies. Gainesville and Palatka are each within a 30 minute drive and have Lowes and Home Depot in both towns and assorted other building construction supplies that are both chain and locally owned. Best to shop in Jacksonville (1 Hour) for specialty building supplies. As for grocery stores, there is one in Melrose (32666) and one in KH and one in between! The one in Melrose is family owned with excellent meat they butcher. In between is a chair. Kh is a small local chain. Starke, Palatka and Gainesville have more chains. As for public transit, yes and no. You will need a car since it is a rural area, small towns, recreational lake region. With that said, there is a bus line that runs from KH to Gainesville thru several small towns and back three times each weekday for those who work in Gainesville. My daughter who does not drive, takes advantage of this bus. There is an airport 20 minutes from Melrose in Gainesville and another in Jacksonville. The Amtrak train has a station in Palatka 30 minutes away. Hope that answers your questions as related to zip code 32666
I think it's important to live to a grocery store and a hardware store. Those are two places you really need to go to on a regular basis. It just makes sense. http://mcfaddendalehardwarelv.com./
Flag Tue Nov 11, 2014