In My Neighborhood in 35601>Question Details

Robert, Home Buyer in 35601

my wife & i are looking for a home . she works in madison and i will be working in decatur are there an happy

Asked by Robert, 35601 Sun Aug 9, 2009

med.? we are new to the area and have ben looking but hard to find something that works for us

Answers

10
Priceville is an area that is close to Decatur and is near interstate 65. Madison would be about a 30 minute commute depending on where exactly your wife works. Priceville is a growing area that is building a new high school and has a couple of new neighborhoods with varying price ranges.
35603 CHESTNUT GROVE ELEM. SCHOOL AREA/ AND JULIAN HARRIS ELEM SCHOOL AREA. HOPE THIS HELPS.....
Go to thelendersnetwork.com I send all my clients there - they can tell you everything you need to know about different mortgage loans, and cover the scenarios of each option. You need to talk to someone well versed in all the issues you have. Fill out their app form and request to speak to Randall Yates he is the President and good friend of mine.

Jess
I worked in Madison and lived in a house that is listed here for sale/rent. Try Somerville! :)
Also, you can actually find some great deals on foreclosures as well...which could possibly be a great discount in a market like today!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 16, 2012
Robert,
There are some great homes being built in the middle of the areas your talking about. I've worked with some of the builders and have to say you can find that perfect home. Builders will go that extra mile to help you buy your home. Assistence on closing costs. Special items you want in your home. Fence around your yard and more. You and your wife should right your wish list and what your requirements are and call your local Real Estate Expert. I've worked with three different builders within this last month alone and have been very happy with the results. Clients are happy. Of course I'm enjoying the process also.
Hi Robert, or anyone else pondering this same question. The areas that Bama Mom mentioned are great. May I suggest Priceville (they don't have a post office, so all homes there are considered Decatur) just put in Priceville schools in your search. Also consider the Indian Hills Road areas close to the Burningtree Country Club (Burningtree Valley, Burningtree Mountain, Indian Hills East.... You will find a variety of prices, sizes and ages of homes in these areas. Both of you would be a comfortable commute of 15-20 minutes according to where you work in Decatur or Madison. Hartselle is also a great choice, and has several subdivisions that are close to I-65. I work in Huntsville, Madison, Hartselle, Moulton, Trinity, Priceville, Somerville and I live in the Burningtree Mountain area. None of these towns are further than 35-45 minutes away. Susie "Q" McEuen, RE/MAX, 256-303-2939
You could try the Point Mallard area, or Park Place. Also, Old Decatur, or Albany historical districts will give you close access to 565. You could also look in the area of Athens that is closest to 72, and 565 access. Houston Place is very nice in Athens.
Robert,
Decatur and Madison are not that far apart. As a matter of fact, from 72 area in Decatur, you are only talking about 15 minutes or so to Madison. The Mooresville area is nice, but pretty rural. It just depends on what you are looking for. I would love to help you & save you time on the road & on the computer searching. Tell me what you are looking for, or maybe we can schedule a meeting time at my office when it is convenient for you. In the meantime, if you would like to search the local MLS, please visit my website @ http://www.TheWilsonRealEstateTeam.com & click on MLS Search.
Don't hesitate to call me with any questions!
Stephanie Wilson
Realtor, Accredited Buyers Representative (ABR), QSC, ePro
256-665-8986
Robert, I run into this a lot in San Diego County as well. Couples work in different areas of the county and have to figure out where to buy. I will meet with the couple and go over what's most important to them in a neighborhood and then find out drive times to work from these communities. There's usually no perfect solution but a fair commute time for both in a neighborhood that fits the needs of the couple works best. Good luck with your home search and I know an area expert will be along to help you soon.

http://www.dawnsellssandiego.com/