In My Neighborhood in 33073>Question Details

Monica, Home Buyer in Florida

my son is an ese student in second grade, I am trying to buy a house around winston park elementary school.

Asked by Monica, Florida Sun Jul 20, 2008

Is this a good school for children with learning disability?

Help the community by answering this question:


Have you been prequalified already? Contact me to help you with the mortgage financing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 23, 2013
I heard that they have a great program. Their cluster classes are phenomenal, but it all depends of your son needs. The ESE is the same program for all Broward county, to me, it all depends of who is the professional dealing with your child. I agree with another agent comment Don Tepper, the best thing is to talk to other parents. look for parents associations of ESE student and change ideas with other moms. As a ESE mom myself I network with other parents to get info about schools and services. I go to American society of Autism local chapter meetings, United Cerebral Palsy also have a great advocacy program and they assist all ESE families, BCC Broward Children Center also have provide support. CARD Center is a great resource as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 4, 2013
I agree with both Jeannette and Don about this issue. The best way to go about finding out if this school is suitable for your son is by contacting the school itself, as well as conducting brief interviews with parents with children already in the area. If after all of this, this sounds like a school that you are interested in, you can check on Broward County School District's website to see where you would have to live inorder to wind up at Winston Park. Apparently it is in the area surrounding Sample Road, 441, Florida's Turnpike and the Sawgrass Expressway. There are a lot of great housing communities in that area if you're interested that you can check out at
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 8, 2008
The best way I believe is to start with the scores of the school then see if there are any parents you can get a hold of and speak with them. Ask if they are comfortable with the school and with the teachers.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me. 9454-993-9104 or email me at
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 21, 2008
Best way to determine that is by talking to parents of other special education students. Contact the local chapter of the organization that represents/advocates for the particular learning disability. Get their input; talk to multiple parents.

You might also be able to get some suggestions from your family doctor or any specialist that your son is seeing.

Don't rely on the school itself, though certainly contact it and see what they say. But parents in similar situations to yours are by far the best resource.

Good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 20, 2008
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer