Crime & Safety in 08098>Question Details

Catherine, Other/Just Looking in Pilesgrove, NJ

my husband is working with a convicted sex offender ( a former teacher who molested his student)

Asked by Catherine, Pilesgrove, NJ Sat Feb 7, 2009

He has talked about it to other employees but according to the law my husband can't say anything back to him for fear of losing his job. My question is this crime happened in NJ he lives and works in NJ however he IS NOT listed on NJ Megan's list, yet he is listed in Delaware as a tier 1. I am told his family has political connections, why in sam hell does this matter. I have also been told this man makes comments to everyone around him that he will not lose his job because of his family. He has a state job, his connections are in Trenton. Our law makers have unleashed this person on our unsuspecting children. He talks quit often about going over to schools to watch the different sporting events

Help the community by answering this question:



Your best avenue here is likely to bring your concerns to the attention of the local police authorities. Someone should be able to respond to your concerns.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2014
What do you recommend be done?
How does your recommendation help?
What will be the consequences of your recommendation?
Is your recommendation a solution or an emotion driven retaliation to perceived offence?

What if the offender was a 19 year old soldier who volunteered to place herself in mortal danger to protect the American way of life and values, (evidence of poor judgement) and was involved with a 17 year old classmate.......30 years ago! How would your solution apply?

I can't tell from your question if you are more upset because the subject is a sexual offender or because of the special 'entitlement' his connections provide.

You need to take this up with the NJ authorities. Go the the city council meetings.
A real estate website is an inappropriate venue to find a solution.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2014
First off... I believe you mean "Sam HILL". Second, there's not much you can do about this situation on a REAL ESTATE forum. I couldn't agree more with your sentiment, but your energies and efforts would be better spent talking to local law enforcement (and I don't mean cops on the beat). Prosecutors, state sex offender policy folks, etc. If he's scoffing at the law and he's eligible for further action (ie: the list), I'm sure you can get someone's attention to pursue the matter. Best of luck...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2014
OUCH! I just got stung by an ANCIENT question reborn....
Flag Fri May 2, 2014
Under New Jersey Law, the county prosecutor determines whether and how to provide notice of the presence of convicted sex offenders in the area.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri May 2, 2014
Recommend to contact Police and attorney discuss this person actions. WOW.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 7, 2009
I suggest you post your comment/question here:

I am sure someone will get back to you.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 7, 2009

We are speechless......................

If the information you have presented is only half valid...there is a very real concern.

Unfortunately, this far exceeds the scope of licensed real estate professionals and knocks loudly upon societies legal doors. Not sure where to tell you to go with this........perhaps your states Attorney General's Office.

We applaud you for having the courage to bring this forward to the level necessary proper attention and action.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 7, 2009

Although I read your post and truly understand your concern, this is a real estate based question/answer forum so we really cannot assist you on this forum.

In any event, Megan's law is required to make public awareness to only the highest tiered offenders as such, that may be the reason why he is not showing up on the Megan's Law site. Again, even if he was, there are laws to protect him. Irregardless of which tier defender he is, the police department should have been put on notice that he is in that town. I would recommend you contacting the local police department but unless he commits a crime (which again is after the fact) I'm not sure there is much you can do. I honestly find it most disturbing that he is in fact an offender but able to get a job with the State of New Jersey. Are you positive this man is actually a convicted sex offender?
Beware of what you say because unfortunately he is protected by the law.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 7, 2009
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer