In My Neighborhood in 73110>Question Details

Pamela R. Ak…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

moving from texas how is living in okc for small family we are african american originally from Washington state

Asked by Pamela R. Akins, San Antonio, TX Sat Jun 2, 2012

Answers

5
OKC is a great place to raise a family. I moved here from New Orleans in 2005 and never looked back. OKC is also one of the fastest growing cities in the US right now according for Forbes Magazine. I will be happy to discuss more information with you.

Please call me on my cell at 405-896-0855 or via email at jrandallrealty@gmail.com
I lived in Bremerton for awhile, and Dallas as well.

OKC is vastly different than Seattle or Dallas. The traffic is essentially non-existent in comparison, and you can get anywhere on the side roads. I suggest the Putnam City School District (NW OKC).

The people here are fairly nice, but I wouldn't say Southern Hospitality at its finest... for that... go to TN. :) We are a bi-racial family and have lived here since 2005. We like it here and are going to stay here at least until the kids are out of high school. It is pretty laid back, not as fast paced. We still have the conveniences of any large city such as an International Airport, at least 4 malls in the metro area (two main ones are Penn Square and Qual Springs), a plethora of movie theaters, museums, nightlife, and several Universities and hospitals. Anything you need is here in OKC, just have to ask.
Welcome to the Sooner State! We understand the challenges of moving from one state to another. Have you checked into the school systems to decide which part of the city you would like to live? We have our home for sale in the Putnam City School District. It has been a wonderful location for us to raise our children.

Please view our page at: http://www.trulia.com/property/3084144172-7913-NW-101st-St-O…

We have just completed remodeling our beautiful kitchen, expanded our master bath to become more like a spa and have converted a bedroom that may be used as an office.

We have loved this home and area for years and would like to know that we have another great family moving in. Feel free to call me personally at 405-833-6136 if you have any questions.

Johnny Walker
What part of Washington? I am originally from Lake Chelan/Wentachee, and lived in Ballard in Seattle. Both are great, but totally different. The people and sense of community in OK is great; the scenery in WA is unbeatable. The schools are great here, and vacations in WA are incredible. Feel free to call me if you want more info. Welcome to OK!
The weather is a little cooler than Texas, other than that it is just about the same: Oklahoma city metro areas are not as busy as Dalls Ft worth metro: As for as Washington state the weather is significantly warmer and dryer: I had a Son Stationed on Whidby Island beautiful Island but he hated the weather: If you are looking to buy The tinker area homes are well worth the value and easy to resell when you need to:
As for as you being an African Family that does not matter here you will be treated as a loyal client:

Contact me with any questions:

Thank You
John Phillips