Rummus, Home Buyer in Lowell, MA

is westlands neighborhood a good location to buy and resell later?

Asked by Rummus, Lowell, MA Tue Jan 18, 2011

In real estate the popular cliche is location! location! location!. does westlands neighborhood in chelmsford qualify for being a good location.?

Answers

4
Good Morning Rummus,

I think that Chelmsford is a nice area, but in real estate location is very literal and specific. In other words, you can have a "bad" location in a nice area. For example, lets say your house is right next to the commuter rail and your walls shake every morning when the trains go bye. That's not a very desirable location. Busy roads are less desirable than side streets and dead ends. A home right next to the highway where you can hear highway noise is less desirable than one away from the highway with less noise. Land with wetlands on it is not as desirable as land without wetlands, and so on. A lot of it is common sense.

Many home buyers consider quality of schools when deciding on a city to live in. This is important even if you don't have kids in school because when you resell chances are your buyers will consider the schools. Chelmsford has highly ranked schools. Here is a link to view the ratings on greatschools.com

http://www.greatschools.org/search/search.page?search_type=0…

Here are some other stats about Chelmsford including crime rates:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Chelmsford-Massachusetts.html

My suggestion is for you to drive around the neighborhoods you are considering and see what YOU think about them. Would you be comfortable living there? If not, then others may have the same reservations. Everyone has different tastes though.

I think that just about any neighborhood can be a good place to buy and sell though if you pay the right price. When I work with home buyers I prepare home value reports before my clients make offers so they have a comfort level in their offers. I also prepare historical data on home prices in the area so my clients can look at price trends.

Well, good luck. I hope this reply was helpful.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlefebvre.net
Hello Rummus,

I am a realtor here in Chelmsford and have lived in the Westlands for over 10 years now. I can confidently tell you that the Westlands is considered to be a desirable area in Chelmsford. It is a lovely neighborhood that offers convenience in terms of its proximity to both Rt.3 and 495 and its closeness to shopping. More importantly, the Westlands has always been known for it's sense of community. Children riding their bikes and people strolling down the sidewalks are commonplace here in the Westlands. The neighborhood school (that was closed as a grade school about 3 years ago) still exists as a a school for the Chelmsford public preschool system and for its after school day care. The school has a playground, a small nature park, and softball fields that Westlands residents enjoy on a daily basis. My family, like many other families I know, are very happy and proud of our community here in the Westlands!
From an investment standpoint, Westlands homes offer many features that appeal to young families and homes send to sell with ease (as long as they are not overpriced).

I hope that I have given you a better understanding of what the Westlands has to offer. I am a Westlands specialist and I would be more than happy to show you some availbale properties here in the Westlands.

Jean McCarthy
Century 21 Landmark Realty
email: jmccarthy@c21email.com
Hi Rummus,

The Westlands neighborhood in Chelmsford offers some desirable features. It has close access to highways and shopping. There also used to be an elementary school (the Westlands school) in the neighborhood that closed over the last few years.

I am a local Coldwell Banker agent from Westford, and previously lived in the Westlands neighborhood for 7 years. I'd be happy to help further in your home search.

Laura DeStefano
Laura.DeStefano@NEMoves.com
Rummus agents cannot ever discuss neighborhoods being good or bad. You should drive around and talk to neighbors to get a sense if an area is good for you.