In My Neighborhood in 11704>Question Details

Bsienterpris…, Home Owner in West Babylon, NY

is tis a good neighborhood?

Asked by Bsienterprises, West Babylon, NY Wed Oct 10, 2012

Answers

8
Good neighborhood is subjective, and really should be defined by personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. Therefore visit a neighborhood several times to get a sense of belonging; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Try talking to neighbors, checking out crime statistics with the local police department, etc. A Real Estate Agent cannot comment on the "desirability" of a particular neighborhood and/or development.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you the best of luck,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
By law, Realtors are not permitted to comment on schools or neighborhoods. The reason for this is it is a matter of personal taste.

Please drive the neighborhood, check in with the police department for crime rates...I even knocked on some doors near the house I was interested in and spoke directly with the neighbors.

Please let me know if we can be of any further assistance to you.

gail@GladstoneGroupRealty.com
631-425-6150
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 10, 2012
where is tis? north or south shore? CA,NY,NJ,TN,???
no,tis is located on the klondike region,just past brazil on the north-southern corner of belgium,uk.
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Fair housing laws prevent us from rating school districts or discussing the demographics of an area.

The National Center for Education Statistics website will provide you with relevant data on schools.
Hope this helps.

Carlene Calabrese
Realty Connect USA
334 Deer Park Ave.
Babylon, NY 11702
631-357-4819
Hey there-

You can also check out some local info on Trulia here: http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/West_Babylon-New_York/comm…

Hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager
Another way to determine the character of a neighborhood, and whether or not it's the right one for you, is to visit it at various different times and days. This should include mornings, afternoons and evenings, weekdays and weekends. You can park and observe, or get out and walk around, speaking with people you encounter.

I also agree with Mr. Williamson that talking with the neighbors can provide a wealth of information from details about the community, to how friendly and welcoming the residents are. Just knock on some doors and be honest in saying that you're thinking of moving to the neighborhood, and wondered what the current residents think about it (or whatever else you want to ask).

Good luck in your search.

Connie
All the statistics you need are readily available on-line, different things make neighborhoods good or bad to different people. If you would like to hear opinions you can go to http://www.City-data.com In most areas prices are still well down from their peaks, I recommend you start looking in your favorite neighborhood even if you think you can't afford it, you might be surprised at the values you can uncover. Good luck!
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803