Jenny Vodoni…, Home Buyer in 95818

is this a safe area for a single girl to live in/ buy a house in 55th st?

Asked by Jenny Vodonick, 95818 Sat Dec 19, 2009

Answers

4
Affordable Sacramento neighborhoods can be safe on one block, dangerous the next, and then "safe" on the next block over. ... Of course no neighborhood is 100% safe. There have been robberies rapes and murders in Granite Bay and Land Park too . It is not all Meadowview, Oak Park, North Highlands, and Del Paso Heights.

Average price tells you quite a bit. If two homes that are very similar in size, condition, amenities, yard size and curb appeal are hundreds of thousands of dollars apart in price and value, it is probably because the cheaper one is in a worse neighborhood and the expensive one is in a nicer neighborhood.

Real Estate 101
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 19, 2009
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
My 22 year old daughter is considering the same area and I felt comfortable with it...but of course, once we select a house, layout, etc. part of our due diligence is to talk to the neighbors.

There are some areas that I especially liked, as both a mom and a realtor, so if you want to compare notes, just call. I assume you're already working with a realtor so this isn't to solicit you away from your buyer's agent.
Web Reference: http://wwww.suearcher.com
Elizabeth has given you excellent advice, as this is what I tell all my clients. I recently closed on a home
in the 5600 block of 19th Avenue and my clients LOVE it. We were fortunate to be able to speak to several of the neighbors about the neighborhood so that helped us make the decision to purchase this home. I've also had clients that could not wait to get out of that area so it's really a personal thing. Colonial Heights can be "spotty" so I'd enlist the help of an experienced Realtor to help you make your purchase. Good Luck!
If you are concerned about safety, visit the local police department and address all your concerns. Real Estate professionals are prohibited from “steering”—enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods; Do your own homework first and take it from there.