Rosey Mares, Renter in Canyon Crest, Rivers...

is there any noises louds on the weekend? (I mean like parties, d.j's etc...)

Asked by Rosey Mares, Canyon Crest, Riverside, CA Mon Jan 17, 2011

Answers

8
Rosey,
You've had some great responses from agents in the area, but I'd suggest you do one more thing. Whenever my buyers are concerned about something very specific to a neighborhood, I encourage them to meet the neighbors before they are committed.
5 years ago we bought a home and did just that. We knocked on all the neighbors’ doors on our cul-de-sac and asked how they liked living here and why, as well as any concerns. Most people will give you an honest response, since they have nothing to gain or lose by doing otherwise. Typically you'll find one neighbor; I call her Gladys Kravitz the nosey neighbor in Bewitched, who knows everyone’s business and loves to gossip.
Once you find out for sure from disinterested parties, you can feel pretty good you've done all you can do. Unfortunately there is no guarantee someone loud may not move in later.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Hi Rosey,
My name is Miriam and a local resident and realtor here at Orange crest, Riverside, next door to Canyon crest.
We moved at Orange crest in 2001, however, Canyon Crest has been long established years before my area(Orange Crest). It is infact a really quiet and a very desireable neighborhood to live in. I don't want to paint a pretty picture for you but I think you should take a visit to see what it's like.
If you want to tour the area, please let me know. I am just up the street.

Miriam Walker
909-334-6717
Code 3 Realty & Mortgage, Inc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Rosey,
Canyon Crest is a very desirable area of Riverside. As a general rule families that live in the area are quiet and respectful. I have sold some homes near the golf course and the people who bought them are very happy with their purchase due to the neighborhood. I recommend driving to the neighborhood on a Saturday night and walking the neighborhood. I think you will see that neighborhood will have activity with people having barbeques and such, yet with a very peaceful atmosphere. I lived in Canyon Crest many years ago, and never did I hear any late night party’s. If you need more specific info you may contact me at the info below.

Tyson Crandell
7065 Indiana Ave. #200
Riverside, CA 92506
951.990.0847
Web Reference: http://MyAgentTyson.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Kevin gave some good suggestions.

I moved from Canyon Crest about 1 & 1/2 years ago after living there for several years. One of the things that attracted me to this older, established area was that it was also known as a very quiet area. Very few loud parties or disturbing neighbors. You are in in the flightpath for March Air Force Base, however I really was never annoyed by the flight noises, which were typically during the day anyway.

Before becoming a Realtor, I spent several years as a Police Officer. The Penal Code section for loud noises or parties is 415 p.c. and the City of Riverside also has their standard local city ordinances that cover loud noises. It's a misdemeanor and usually only carries a fine unless you get unruly when the cops show up. I've shut many a party down in the past

If you are disturbed by loud parties than you can call the police and file a complaint and if you are willing to prosecute than the party can be shut down. if you're wanting to have a party, than I suggest you befriend your neighbors and discuss the party with them ahead of time. Perhaps even invite them. Check with the City of Riverside police department for their individual department policy on loud noises and parties.

If you decide in the near future that you'd like to look into buying a home of your own instead of paying someone else's mortgage, let me know. I'd be happy to assist you!

Ray Wright
Direct: 951-354-1303
email: RayWright@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
Rosey,

Most areas of Canyon Crest, if this is the area you're referring to, are quite quiet. While there is no way to provide a 100% guarantee against loud noises, I recommend to my buyers to do some investigation once they have a home in escrow. Depending upon who the seller is, you generally have between 7 and 17 days to withdraw from an escrow penalty free. During this cintingency period, I recommend that they both speak with several neighbors (I'll go along with them if they feel uncomfortable knocking on doors) and to drive the community on a Friday or Saturday night (typical party times) around 9-10pm.

Hope this helps, please contact me if you have any additional questions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 17, 2011
It depends on your city ordinance and any CCR'S your neighborhood my have and then you need to investigate the noise nuisance law in your area.
Web Reference: http://8889LISTIT.com
I am not in Canyon Crest so I didn't hear any noises. You might want to call the police department and see if any noise complaints were called in. Good Luck. Karen
Without an address, link, or an establishment's name, you may wish to ask your question again--or consider visiting more than once and listen for any noise levels, also consider contacting the local authorities and ask if any complaints exist or have existed, etc.