susan stape, Home Buyer in Spring Hill, FL

is the house at 3913 SE 18th place worth what they are asking? It says it was completely redone.

Asked by susan stape, Spring Hill, FL Mon Jul 4, 2011

Evidently someone thought it was! The house was pending sale within 7 days. More and more, people are looking at the private sales over the bank and short sales due to the sometimes lengthy processes and the fears of issues in the foreclosure process. On the surface the group selling this property appear to have done a very nice job paying attention to the things that most people look for in a turnkey home. For instance, neutral paint scheme, upgraded flooring, upgraded kitchen cabinets and counters, new appliances, and landscaping.

With the number of foreclosures approximately half of last year, combined with the very busy selling season that has occurred here in SW Florida, competition for these kinds of remodels has been brisk. In addition, this area has bucked the trend of falling prices and has actually seen one of the largest percentage increases anywhere in the country. If you are looking for a great buy, you could do a lot worse than down here.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Director of Acquisitions SW Florida
Managing Broker &
(239) 645-3798
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 4, 2011
There is a lot to be said for buying a home that has been completely renovated. I buy and sell real estate as well. And when I do, my approach is to use products and skills that would my mind at ease as if I was going to put my own family in the home. Homes that have not been renovated can come with many unexpected, and expensive costs. My homes for example are move in ready, no work needed, and I then secure it with a home warrantee just to make sure the buyer has peace of mind. I have even installed high tech security in homes, and paid for a 3 year contract just to make sure the home buyer is safe and sound.

An example of my work can be seen with this current listing nearby:

It would my pleasure to help you understand mortgage financing, and how to secure the lowest interest rate and closing costs. Some mortgage professionals will focus on rates, fail to mention costs, and hope you don't shop around. I feel its my duty and privledge to help you understand the entire transaction, including how the bond market works, how the age of a roof could raise your monthly insurance payment $100's, flood zones, etc. Then, you simply tell me what payment you are comfortable, and I go to work for YOU.

Robert Guth
Federally licensed Mortgage Expert
NMLS# 325469

Life time Cape Coral resident, and an advocate for home buyer's rights.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 14, 2012
This home has good value and was priced to sell ...the reason the home went under contract so quickly was due to the fact that;
1.the home it is situated in a fantastic neighborhood surrounded by waterfront homes
2.the home is move in ready and totally remodeled with upgraded appliances etc
3.the home as a pool
4.the home has city water and sewer
5.the home is in the $155k price range(there is a lot of buyer activity in this price range)
You have a good eye for a great home …Let me know if I can me of assistance .You need a proactive agent like myself that has experience and can negotiate and secure a great deal for YOU!
John Giaccone
Sorry that one is pending, here is a resource to search for other homes in Savona and other Cape Coral Gold Coast neighborhoods:

Good luck with your search!
This house is actually right around the block from my home. Prior to the rehab it was one of the worst properties I had seen in Cape Coral. The roof was caving in, ceilings inside were on the floor etc. I have some pictures of when it was in that condition. The price is fair for the condition & location. Savona is a wonderful area!

If I can provide more info on this or other properties don't hesitate to contact me. Happy 4th!
Web Reference:
This home is already pending. Looks like a great house and a beautiful remodeling job.
Savona is a nice neighborhood and location.
This was a great buy for someone.
Many homes for sale in Cape Coral and if you would like to get a list of available homes
or have any questions about our city, please email me at
Happu 4th of July
Web Reference:
That property is already under contract.