Adsana, Home Buyer in

is the crime in upper hill really bad? The house i was looking at and loved is one of the assault locations on the map :-(

Asked by Adsana, Sat Apr 28, 2012

Answers

6
I live in Upper Hill for 7 yrs now; we had a rock tossed into our living room window by some punks just walking by one evening, just for the hell of it. Most people who own dogs let them take a crap in front of your home and dont bother to scoop the poop! They also own vicious dogs that constantly bark at anyone walking by. Some times they get loose. People drive down your street like its I-91 most of the time. They litter in front of your home. The neighbors are some what unfriendly; my next door neighbor and I have not said more than a "hi" and/or "good morning" since we moved in. Maybe it is a race thing since the street is predominately black and we are not. Not that I care. We keep to our selves. My daugther was once mugged on her way home from high school in broad daylight! If you evern need police assistance, don't expect it to come quick; unless someone has been shot or something i guess. We have been fourtunate to not have been broken into, even though our other neighbor has twice. i think that was a crime of opportunity since he is a nighshift worker. Lastly, it's a Multi family homes area. So that means a lot of sec 8 people. It seems there is always some low life family with ten kids moving in. None of them watch their children at play at any time. Poor parenting+unsurpervised children= trouble. One time my daugther's boyfriend's car window was smashed by a little boy throwing a rock! No parents were found to be held accountable, AT ALL; even when reported to police! My advice, don't invest in Upper Hill
Springfield is crazy. Living in a crime red zone increases your chances of becoming a victim three fold. Do not put yourself in that position. I was looking at several upper hill properties myself and decided after looking at them and driving two blocks in each direction that the property would be full fledged ghetto within the next ten years. You may get a good deal today but expect the value to go down not up!
Crime is every where` As is God`? pray on it? but Trust God
You will find assault locations every place you look...some might be on the internet, but most are not. Don't be afraid to live where you love.
If you love the idea of engaging in a free fire fight to get to your car, Springfield is the place for you.
Crime can happen anywhere. You can take steps to make sure you lowerer your vunerability. Springfield is the 17th most dangerous city in the US, but many people live there peacefully.
Sad to say, the price of 'diversity'. Thanks Massachusetts, for allowing a wonderful city to fall into ruin,
Flag Wed May 2, 2012