Rav, Home Buyer in Ballantyne West, Cha...

is mckee road area is a good area than ballantyne..we are planning to purchase townhome over there.plz advice thanks in advance

Asked by Rav, Ballantyne West, Charlotte, NC Tue Apr 24, 2012

Answers

11
Good evening, Rav.
There will be trade-offs in every purchase.Comparing a newer townhome off McKee to a 1980's townhome or a townhome in a Ballantyne area community that has had lots of foreclosures, the McKee may fare better. When you are finalizing your decision, you should have your agent supply you with good information about prices and trends for the complex and the general area, and don't forget Blakeney - there are some good values there too. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. if the townhome is a 3 bedroom, you should also check the reputations/scores of schools for when you sell. Which is preferable, also depends on your price range. There are only a few true luxury communities in the area. ... if you appreciate this answer, please give it a "thumbs up", or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a "best answer" click .
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 24, 2012
Brittany,

The Mckee area is a good area as well, you actually may be able to get more for your money there rather than the Ballantyne area.
The townhomes in Mckee are much better, there are more modern than the ones in Ballantyne area; but it all comes down to price and what is better for you. If looking to move anytime soon i may have a company that wolud be able to assit with that transition. They are very professional, licensed, insured and very affordable check them out at http://www.bestintownmovers.com.
Just checking in to see if you purchased a home. Let me know if you have any questions regarding your home search?
Rav,

I live off mckee road area and I love it there. Like any place you purchase it is up to the individual person for taste and wants and needs. That area tenss to eb a little less expensive than other areas so it is more affordable.

If you have a good buyer's agent they should be able to give you links to different things both areas offer and help you wiht the pros and cons to the areas based on your needs.

Dave dicecco
Realtor/Broker
http://www.davedicecco.com
Hopefully, you have a good buyer's agent who is supplying you with a CMA on the complex you're interested in--that's important to know the value. Both are great areas and your agent should be able to explain other factor's that help keep the value of a home. Good Luck!!
Hello Rav,

Both areas are going to be great options, but depending on what you are looking for one will likely be better suited for you. The McKee road area is located in the Providence area of Charlotte which is mainly older homes and has that true classic Charlotte feel. Ballantyne is a newer area with more expansion and development. If you would like to contact me directly I would be happy to give you more information and help you decide which area will fit your needs the best.

Have a great day,

Michael Laine
cell- 704-619-3971
email- michael.laine@prucarolinas.com
Mckee Rd is a little less in price but they are both good areas of charlote in my opinion
Hey Rav, it is a very nice area. I live around the corner from here. Give me a call if you would like more information on this area.
Off McKee is a very nice area and depending on where it is might be a few traffic lights closer to work. Where are you thinking of purchasing? Feel free to call me with any questions.
Its a great area to purchase in. Cal to discuss further. Thanks