In My Neighborhood in 95476>Question Details

Farrel Beddo…, Home Owner in 95476

is it safe area? how are schools?

Asked by Farrel Beddome, 95476 Thu Apr 28, 2011

Answers

4
This zip code is for city of Sonoma and surrounding unincorporated area of Sonoma. There are several elementary schools, middle schools and a public high school, as well as private schools to choose from. I always say every school has its pros and cons, depending on what you are looking for and what you find important. Sonoma is a small town community, and the level of criminal activity goes along with what you'd find in most smaller country towns. I find it interesting that may people who were raised here and go away to college, have ended up moving back to raise their children.

The best thing I did, was tour the schools while in session and see the children and teachers in action. Would highy recommend this, if you have the ability to live in any school district. Also, talk to PARENTS who have their children in the schools to see what they like and don't like. I often hear volunteers sing the praises of a place, but they haven't ever had a child of their own in attendance - it's a vastly different perspective.
Web Reference: http://www.terridamico.com
When it comes to any safety concerns, for accurate and up to the minute information, do contact/visit the local authorities and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand; for the schools see link ...
http://www.greatschools.org/ Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.

There are websites like w.city-data.com that can give you all sorts of statistics about an area code. It will help you determine if it looks like a "safe" area. An agent will be reluctant to give you their opinion in a public forum because what they say may be interpreted as breaking a law.

For schools, do a search on "review of schools in 95476". Websites such as w.great schools. will have a lot of useful information about the schools. Yes, there are definitely some excellent schools in that area code. Reviewing test scores is one consideration for choosing a school and matching a school to your child's needs and temperament is another consideration.

Feel free to email for more information: Hilary@ilovesonomacounty.com

Hilary O'Rourke