In My Neighborhood in 07002>Question Details

Peg Margoshes, Renter in Bronx, NY

is 07002 a safe place to live?

Asked by Peg Margoshes, Bronx, NY Wed Feb 6, 2013

Answers

6
Ana Hidalgo’s answer
It's a very quaint city. There is a strong sense of community in Bayonne. I fell in love with it. It's easy to make it "home". The police presence is strong but not needed. It's used for preventive motives rather than because of actual crime. Good luck and wish to see you soon in Bayonne.
I am a lifelong resident of Bayonne and it is very safe. I agree, there is a strong sense of community and neighbors look out for one another , without being nosy.

I love this town. There are lots of wonderful restaurants, conveniences, and many modes of transportation to get to New York City.
Flag Sat Apr 6, 2013
I was born and raised in Bayonne and I purchased a home here 7 years ago. I and my friends have decided to raise our children here because it is a great town and strong community. Location and price wise its a perfect solution for growing families that need more space but still need to get into NYC quickly.
I was born and raised here. I love Bayonne and the Conveniences of an urban city with a small town feel.
K
When it comes to any safety/crime related issues, it's always best to contact the local police department with all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand. If unfamiliar with the area(s) do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase/rent, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
https://www.crimereports.com/
http://www.homefair.com/
I have resided here in Bayonne for nearly 5 years. It's kind of like a small town, Pennsylvania or Quasi Jersey Shore atmosphere in a geographically urban area. Everyone seems to know one another even if they don't, and you don't get that big-city hustle and bustle and exhausting pace. I am a native Bronxite and it's a real relief not to have to hear dogs barking all night long.

At times I think it is completely safe, but then I hear stories from people who live here and say that it's really deteriorated. I also here people late at night outside my building on West 32nd Street shouting and cursing at the top of their lungs. Despite a lot of police everywhere, a woman friend of mine said that she would walk the Avenues or Kennedy Boulevard at night, but not the sidestreets. Nonetheless, if you want a good deal for your money and want to live in a literal paradise in comparison to the Heights in Jersey City, Newark, or Elizabeth, Bayonne is your answer. There is a fantastic library and huge park by the bay with a nature walkway. No one should worry about walking around here during the day, especially in the south of the city by Staten Island or up in the high 20's, 30's, or 40th Street vicinities.
Hi Peg, I live in Bayonne and I have all my life. It's as safe as any other town. We have a wonderful police department and this community actually helps eachother. No need to fear Bayonne. Good luck to you.
Thanks Patricia. Good to know.
Flag Wed Feb 6, 2013