Sheila Smith, Other/Just Looking in Bronx, NY

in gated communities are you allowed to have pets, such as a dog.I ask cause I've had my dog for 4 yrs and he is considered a family member

Asked by Sheila Smith, Bronx, NY Sat Oct 31, 2009

Answers

10
Sheila,

Check out Harbour Pointe at Shorehaven its pet friendly with No Restrictions.

Millie from Exit
Shelia,

Yes there are gated communities that do allow pets. If you are ready to buy a property contact your REALTOR and explain to him/her what exactly you are looking for, him/her will be able to better assist you in showing you properties that will allow you to keep your dog, according to the HOA.

Best of Luck
I have attached a link for your review.

Best of Luck!

Millie form Exit
Sheila,

There is a wonderful gated community in Clason Point, called Harbour Pointe, they accept pets.

Mildred Valentin,
Exit Realty Van Zandt
It depends on the HOA rules & regulations. Your agent will be able to obtain a copy for you to review. You should do this anyway . In Florida, you have three days after acceptance to review the condo docs.
I live in an area that is highly HOA governed, many of the them gated neighborhoods and have yet to see one of them dictate whether an owner can have a pet, let alone the size of the pet. However there are many property insurers who are limiting coverage for certain types of dogs. To be on the safe side request a copy of the HOA CC&Rs prior to making an offer on a property.
Sheila,

Some gated communities are pet friendly, find out if there are any restrictions first. Some times they will allow a small pet.

Best of Luck!

Mildred Valentin, Realtor
Exit Realty Van Zandt
Hi Sheila,

Which gated community do you live in?

Robin Lynch
Keller Williams Realty Group
914-315-6182
I am a homeowner at 126 Beacon lane. I have an english bulldog so yes cats and dogs are allowed. I also have a beatiful home here at harbour pointe for sale. My agent is James C. Clark at ERA his # is 917-312-8446 or 718-324-6060.
Some allow pets, some don't. Your Realtor should be able to tell you if the community you are interested in allows pets.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 31, 2009