John Smith, Other/Just Looking in North Hollywood, Los...

im canadian looking to move to the los angeles area, particularly the valley side, north hollywood, van nuys, glendale area. im looking for short

Asked by John Smith, North Hollywood, Los Angeles, CA Sat Mar 13, 2010

sales and foreclosures, and the logistics of moving from canada. thank you john.

Answers

6
Tommy Lee’s answer
John Smith,
I hope you are the same Canadian that called me. If you are not, I can set you up with a filter on the MLS that shows the properties in the areas you mentioned. Much depends on the property you are looking for, whether it is a condo or a single family residence. the closer you get to the 101 freeway, the higher the price. Glendale is generally more expensive that NoHo or Van Nuys. If you can do the drive, Mission Hills is a better bet for the money for homes. For condo's, Burbank is probably the best deals.

If you have any questions, please call or email me.

Tommy Lee
323-821-2292
tommy.lee@dilbeck.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 16, 2010
Hi John, I've lived in your target area for over 12 years, so if you want to just chat about what the different areas are like, feel free to contact me anytime. The toughest thing for you is getting approved for a loan over here, but that will depend on a lot of factors. We just successfully closed a property with a Canadian client, so I know it can be done. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cricket
Hello John,

First thing first, you will need to get pre-approved. In order to purchase with a loan in the US it would be best if you had a social security number and/or income. Homes in these areas can start in the 200s but realistically you are look for 300 to 400 for something that's not a dump. If you need assistance or some recommendations for a lender that has worked with people from Canada let me know as I have worked with several clients from Canada in the same situtation. Finally, keep in mind that short sales can take 2-6 months to get approved. There will be more short sales in LA as the REOs start to dry up. If you have any other questions, let me know.

I do tons of short sales and work with buyers from Canada :) In the US with Short sales you don't put any money up when you write an offer but you need to show proof of funds and/financing ability. Usually money isn't required until the bank approves the offer. The key (if your not all cash) is look for a way to get financing.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Hi John,

You would definitely benefit from having a buyers agent on your side. Particularly helping with the logistics of all this while you might not be in town some of the time. I would be happy to help you out. I am an agent specializing in short sales and foreclosures in those areas. I have also helped clients out while they haven't been in town during the escrow process. Let me know how I can help you.

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyers Agent Keller Williams Los Angeles Region
(310) 482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
Hi John,
I'll be happy to assist you with your search. I work the primarily the Valley area. Here is my contact info:

Liliana Alfonso
818-414-0396
liliana.alfonso@dilbeck.com
http://www.liliana4realestate.com
Dilbeck Sherman Oaks
Hi John,

I am an agent covering those areas. Feel free to e-mail Ludwigpk@yahoo.com or call me directly at (818) 848-2888 X 128 with all your questions. At the same time, please send me more specific parameters: Home Sq. Feet, Lot size, how many bedrooms and bathrooms, importance of the school district and other parameters important for you.

Or just e-mail me your contacts (Tel. and E-Mail) and I will be in touch with you immediately.

Respectfully,
Ludwig