In My Neighborhood in 36532>Question Details

Jill, Home Buyer in Guntersville, AL

i would like to find out about which areas that have single family homes close to gulf on alabama side . looking around 350.0000-600.0000.,

Asked by Jill, Guntersville, AL Sun Jan 9, 2011

we have been to point clear once 5 years ago, it seems very quaint...where are there communities near coast that are pedestrian friendly, have community activities available, gyms, walking trails, beach etc...single family homes only...

Answers

6
Robin Roberts’ answer
Jill,

The Fairhope area has sidewalks, shopping, community events, and is the quaint little bay town like none other. Also it is very centralized from Mobile, Pensacola, and the beach. Gulf Shores and Orange Beach has great walking/bike trails and will give you the beach lifestyle, but does not have the small baytown atmosphere that Fairhope will give you. Are school districts of any concern? Insurance plays a big part also. The further you are from water the better your insurance rates will be. There is no city sales tax in Fairhope which adds up in groceries, etc. I have worked both the beach and the eastern shore for the past 5 years and no both markets extensively. I feel that you can get exactly what you want for less money in today's market and also take advantage of today's great interest rates.
Gulf Shores and Orange Beach sound like the communities that you are looking for. I'm a Gulf Shores resident and there are So many fantastic homes in your price range. I would be happy to send you some information on what is available in this area, and help you find exactly what you are looking for.
Amy Jones
Realtor, ERA Class.Com
251-948-5000
Below is a link to properties that are either Bay front or have Bay access. They include mapping links as well.

I'd love the opportunity to help you find exactly what you are looking for!
Jill- click on the link below and you'll find a selection of homes in your price range in various communities that are either Gulf front or have access to the Gulf. There are many small communities, but mostly you'll find Gulf Shores and Orange Beach area. If you're interested in Mobile Bay, there are communities from Mobile to Gulf Shores with waterfront access.

You'll find a mapping link at the top of each property so you can get an idea of where it's located. I'd love to discuss the areas, amenities, and options with you further! Please don't hesitate to contact me at your convenience: Parrish Walker (251) 459-4764 or pwalker@oracleofmobile.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Hi Jill, You would probably be looking at Gulf Shores or Orange Beach. While I consider Fairhope to be close to the gulf beaches, (thirty minute drive most days), I think you would be more interested in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach.
I have lived in Fairhope my whole life, and I love Point Clear and Fairhope. All the amenities you list are there, as well as down by the beach. I consider Fairhope and Point Clear, well heck the whole eastern shore, to fit your bill and be close. Depends on what you prefer. The Eastern Shore has tons of water activities, and if you have a boat, then all these communities are boater friendly, with public access, free launching and convenience.

If you want to chat, please feel free to call anytime.

Warm regards,
Dedra Lipscomb
Coldwell Banker United Realtors - Daphne
251-554-9728