Brouillard.k…, Home Buyer in South Daytona, FL

i want to know that it is quite, and safe for my family. are there any robberies, or any other violence.?

Asked by Brouillard.kevin, South Daytona, FL Sat Sep 10, 2011

Answers

3
I was born and raised in S Daytona and lived just one street over on Oriole Ln for 22 years. The crime rates are lower in this area compared to Daytona and Port Orange. In part due to the neighborhood watch and the Police Department which patrols regularly. There is a retired Police Officer nearby, as well as a full-time Police Officer on the next street over on Yale. During my time in this neighborhood I can recall one bank robbery suspect hiding in the area and maybe three burglaries. The house is on a main road, so the kids will have to stay in the back yard. South Daytona Elementary is about three blocks north and is a very good school. My grandchildren attend there now. You can email me personally at phoffeld@gmail.com
In addition to checking with the local police department, if unfamiliar with the area, do revisit more than once and at different times of day, possibly chat with locals/neighbors; unfortunately, real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
Hi - your best source of information will be the local police department. They will be happy to assist you, just give them a call or visit the City of South Daytona web site for additional information - http://www.southdaytona.org/. There are also several web sites where you can find crime statistics for specific areas. Best of luck! If I can offer additional assistance, please get in touch.