Wannabe, Other/Just Looking in California City, CA

i have noticed so many homes for sale in rural Lebanon, wondering why, no jobs, high crime, monsters, what? Is there something I should know?

Asked by Wannabe, California City, CA Sat Jun 12, 2010

Answers

4
Monsters? Only every other leap year on Halloween! The entire community of Lebanon is actually considered rural property for USDA purposes. Lebanon and the surrounding areas use to be heavy into timber, logging, mills, etc. Over the past several decades that has scaled way back. Today, Lebanon is showing positive growth with new and inovative businesses. An Orthopedic school is being built and the VA is locating a care facility on the same campus. As for crime rate and other commmunity questions, you may want to check the following links.

http://www.lebanon-chamber.org/our-community
http://www.city-data.com/city/Lebanon-Oregon.html
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
I have lived here for many years and find Lebanon to be a wonderful place to live. My daughter and son in law just moved here and he found a job his first week here. As for crime well that exists everywhere but personally I feel safe here. Do not even lock my doors. More petty theft then anything. I have raised my youngest here and it has been a great experience for her. This is a community that cares about it's youth. I would recommend Lebanon if you are looking to move
as a real estate broker here in Lebanon Oregon, i can tell you we have not been immune to the downturn that has hurt so much of the country, just not as bad. many of the rural homes as apposed to the city homes were purchased by retirees or those looking to move up just prior to the recession. we have a moderate rate of foreclosure here just like anywhere in the country. given that, there are some great deals to be had here. as to jobs, we have a new medical school being built in town, the hospital is expanding, a major distribution center for Lowes has relocated here and there are other companies looking to relocate here as well.
Keep in mind that people always move for a variety of reasons, such as job relocations, downsizing, upsizing, financial reasons, etc. If you are concerned about crime in the area, your best source of information is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions, they'll gladly help.