Concerned Bu…, Home Buyer in Tottenville, Staten...

i am interested in a house that is on the same block as a restaurant...I have little kids so do you think that would be an issue or unsafe with people

Asked by Concerned Buuyer, Tottenville, Staten Island, NY Sat Apr 10, 2010

I grew up with a restaurant down my parents block and we had issues with drunk drivers and parking etc...

Answers

12
Please let me know if you would like to see it. You should view the block before making any decisions. 917-650-5827 Irene
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
I would have to agree as far as parking, noise, late night activity on the block. If the restaurant has parties, parking will be a problem. There will be alot of action on the block.
Attention Investors & Rehabbers !

HANDYMEN SPECIAL *** 3 bedrooms/ 2 baths Single Family Home.

Handymen Special in Staten Island ( Tottenville ) !!! Great neighborhood, great school !!! House have sold in the same area recently for $500,000 & UP !!!!!!! Own this one and get instant equity and with a huge lot size of 8,050 sq-ft. Needs work " AS IS " !!! Great Single Family Houses With Lots Of Potential.

ARV= $534,336 Repairs =80,000 Our Price $ 240,000. Wont last !

Mention or ask for Sami
Call for details (917) 224-1304
• Location: Tottenville, Staten Island
Dear Concerned buyer

I think you answered your own question. "no" I also agree with Raj Rajpal comments

regards Beatrice Karbowski
Coldwell Banker Ditommaso
917-887-9164
Drunk drivers , Parking Etc are all valid concerns also keep in mind resale if you decide the sell in the future you buyer may have similar concerns unless the property has commercial value , which may over shadow these concerns just some thing to think about, if the location dictates it
Web Reference: http://www.rajmortgage.com
Good Morning,
I am a resident in Tottenville. Have been for many years, as well as full time full service agent. If the home is located in Tottenville, I do believe I may be aware of your situation.

What I advise all the buyers I work with that are not familar with any areas they're looking to purchase it to come back and visit the area and knock on some doors of your potential neighbors.

If a buyer is looking in a school area, I would advise them to come during school, see how the parking is, see if this is a hang our area. In your case you may want to go during the evening hours, perhaps eat at the restaurant and see first hand what happens.

Good Luck to you and you can contact me if I can answer any other questions you may have.

Cathy Cataletto - 917-829-1402 - CathysCasa@aol
Since you're asking this question you're already uncomfortable with the situation. Therefore, I would follow my "gut" feeling and look for something just as nice in another area as Marlene suggested earlier.
If you are concerned about safety, why not visit the local police department, ask all your questions and ask how many complaints were received, if any, due to the restaurant and it's clientele--also visit the area more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you--check out the people, traffic, parking, speak to the locals if the opportunity arises, etc. then make your determination--will your comfort level be reached.
If you are very interested in the home you may wish to consider the kind of restaurant it is. Does it serve alcohol, what type of patrons, is it a family restaurant? and the owner's commitment to co exist with the neighbors.
Web Reference: http://www.clovelake.com
I think that if you lived it you can be the best to answer your own question. Did you like living close to a restaurant? would you want that environment for your children? Am sure there are other properties in your local area that you can fall in love with and safe at the sametime for your little ones. Best of luck! Contact you local Realtor and get moving on your dream home. Time is ticking for the tax credit.
I'm with Robin on this one. You may smell the cooking , noisy and may be a parking situation, if I had small children I'd be concerned.
I think you are answering your own question. The parking issue is the least of it. It could be noisy, you might smell the cooking odors, not to mention that you can have unwanted visitors.