In My Neighborhood in 91606>Question Details

Viola Tafoya, Home Buyer in Mesilla, NM

how safe for kids is this area?

Asked by Viola Tafoya, Mesilla, NM Fri Nov 5, 2010

Answers

4
In addition to asking the local police department all your safety related questions--if you are not too familiar with the area, do visit again more than once and at different times of day, drive around and check out all that is important to you, possibly chat with locals/neighbors, research online, etc.; then make your determination, will you be happy and comfortable living there.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
Viola.

Issues of neighborhood safety are often best referred to the local police department or the county sheriff's department. They have access to the most accurate and current information and are normally willing to be helpful.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
Hi Viola,

Because "safe" can be a pretty subjective term for different people, it's always hard for Realtors to answer this question. I second the suggestions about checking in with the local police officers and the Megan's Law website. Also, The L.A. Times has just finished putting together a very comprehensive crime data website, which many of my clients have found helpful:
http://projects.latimes.com/mapping-la/crime/
My partner and I have been buying and selling homes in the North Hollywood area for years, and would be happy to answer any further questions you might have. Feel free to call or email any time -
Brad Reed
323-449-7416 (c)
Brad Reed & Ron Roth, Realtors
Hi Viola,

I would check http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/ and contact the local police department if you are really concerned. Hope you feel safe in your new area.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Rodeo Realty
818-903-2040
Dre#01712757w