In My Neighborhood in 07035>Question Details

Rszkmy108, Home Buyer in Lincoln Park, NJ

how often does this area flood?

Asked by Rszkmy108, Lincoln Park, NJ Mon Dec 10, 2012

Answers

5
For flood zone information see links....
https://msc.fema.gov/
http://www.floodsmart.gov/
Hi

Like the others said. There are areas that do not flood and do not require any flood insurance.
let me know if I can send you some listings or contact me for a free buyers consultation.
Well, I am not from your area, but with flooding, there are official flood zones, and you should be able to
check these out on the internet, then you can once you have narrowed it down which home you intend to buy, find out from the home owner whether they are paying flood insurance, if they do then you know that the former lender required it because the property is located in a flood zone. Now are there homes in areas that are not considered a flood zone, of course, and are they near a river, a lake, or just low lying and if the weather for one reason gets really bad, could they get water in the basement YES......

So when you buy a property, be careful during inspection to look for signs of former flooding, talk about the type of construction, have someone a structural engineer check the foundation and location and grading around the home checked out, if you are worried about flooding...

And then try to get an additional insurance if you want to be on the 100 % safe side.

In all this a local Realtor, Buyers Agent, working in your very BEST interest would be a great help to you in this and many other ways. Do not do this alone....

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Lincoln Park, like surrounding towns (Pequannock, Wayne) has areas that flood, typically closer to the rivers, and others that don't.
There are a few fantastic opportunities right now that do not require flood insurance at all.
Please let me know what other towns you are considering, number of bedrooms etc and I will send you some listing profiles of properties to check out.
Call/TEXT 201-960-9084 or e-mail me: Tepisale@aol.com
Lincoln Park has some areas that are in flood and some that are not.
It has quiet a variety of homes and townhomes.
Right now there are 62 homes on the market, selling from the $150s to the $600s.

Some flooding is minor. Other events can be severe.
Some homes in the "flood" zones get water pretty regularly.
Others have never seen water.

Sometimes it is 5 years between any significant flooding.
Other years, it can happen more than once.

But, with all that said, its a great town of about 11,000 people.
It is big enough to offer all the needed amenities and small enough so you know your neighbors.

Patty and I live in town and love it.
Want to here more?
Just send us an Email and we will tell you all we know