In My Neighborhood in 49009>Question Details

Cally, Other/Just Looking in 49009

how much is anacre of land in rural residential kalamazoo county MI?

Asked by Cally, 49009 Thu Dec 29, 2011

Answers

6
A very simple answer is, for a Crooked Lake lot you could pay around the mid $60,000 for .5 acre. Or you could pay about $7,000 per acre off of another road not close to Crooked lake or any other lake.
Location, school district, and zoning can all play a factor in pricing.
Here is my suggestion.... if you are seriously interested in buying one acre of land, decide what you want to do with it, do you want a farm, do you want to build a large home on a large property etc. etc.
Once you have figured that out, then connect with a reputable and experienced Realtor in the Kalamazoo county area to assist you, he or she will be able to explore your options and also see what is already there or what needs to be done to even be able to build a home, is there electricity, gas, water, etc.

You need a local professional to assist you in your search. Unless you just wanted to have an idea the Realtors below have given you some ideas and as you can see the numbers are all over the place.

I wish you luck to find your one acre of paradise with the help of an Experience Kalamazoo Realtor

Edith YourRealtor4Life! and Chicago and Northern Illinois - North Shore Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients; Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
http://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
The Michigan Land Division Act has made it almost impossible to simply buy a one acre piece of land...say from a farmer that has hundreds. Platting is required. . In a rural plat, as Jeremy said, an acre can run the gamut. I ran a quick search of our MLS and the least expensive one acre lot is $8K and the most expensive $1.395M on Gull Lake. None is what I would call rural...they are all in plats.
Really depends on what you are talking about. I've seen it from1,500 to 60k! There are a ton of things that go into that. An extreme example would be 1 acre of swamp land next to railroad tracks vs a 1 acre lot on Gull Lake. . . . Call a realtor for info specific to your situation. If you need a referral to one let me know.
HI Cally

Hard question to answer without knowing more about the exact area you are thinking of. Different school district and areas are different prices. The thing that really matters to an appraiser is what has sold that is comparable in the last 6 months.