In My Neighborhood in Albany>Question Details

Patricia, Other/Just Looking in Albany, NY

how many houses are for sale in Albany NY and how many are in forclosure?

Asked by Patricia, Albany, NY Sun Feb 8, 2009

How do you find out or search for property taxes for a particular house in Albany NY

Answers

2
I just took a look through our local Multiple Listing Service. There are 261 single family homes for sale in the city of Albany and 1,185 single family homes for sale in Albany County. Based on MLS data only 5 single family foreclosures are listed for sale in Albany and 19 in Albany County. I think the number of foreclosures is under reported. Remember this is just MLS data. Home may not be coded correctly or many foreclosures may be purchased at the court house and never make it to be listed with a realtor. This data provides some guidance to the number of homes for sale though. Taxes in the city of of Albany can be found by calling the city and school districts direct to get actual numbers. In general, your tax rate for Albany will be roughly 28/$1000 of assessed value for a single family homestead home. However, the actual numbers should be verified with a phone call. Hope this helps.
Hi Patricia,

In reference to your first question:
I'm not sure of the exact number of homes for sale in Albany,NY, but if you go to my web site http://www.thomasjrealestate.com and click search the MLS. You can search the entire capital region and sort by town, price, # bedrooms and so on. If you find a home you are interested in just give me a call and I will be happy to assist you.

2nd question:
While at my web site http://www.thomasjrealestate.com go to community info / links, under local government click on New York State Tax Map Info and pick Albany County. Let me know if you have any problems searching this system.
Tom McGroder Thomas J. Real Estate 518-863-4691 tjm1@frontiernet.net