Maureen Hogan, Home Buyer in

how is the dellview area? Nice people and good neighbors or lots of crime?

Asked by Maureen Hogan, Wed Mar 7, 2012

Answers

8
Jason C Campbell’s answer
There is simply nowhere you can go to escape crime. That's just the truth of it.... Buy to answer your question directly... here is a report you can review for the delview area - http://spotcrime.com/tx/san+antonio/dellview+area - Does that paint an accurate picture of the neighborhood... not really... Probably best to compare that with other areas to make that decision. I think you will find similar statictics almost everywhere... to be honest.

Here are all the homes for sale in the Delview area: http://sabor.connectmls.com/listings.jsp?dcid=BA9B565B72A225…

My experience with the area has been very positive. I have had several of my investors buy homes, and fix them up very nice and they have sold quickly. I have taken quite a few buyers out there and they selected homes in that neighborhood due to the location, price, and the home fit what they wanted... I have not really heard anything out of the ordinary... Personally, I like the area.. but that's just my opinion ;)

Jason C Campbell
210-389-5266
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 7, 2012
Maureen -

Dellview area is niceley kept for the prices. There are many cute homes with some very charming, unique features including built-ins and wood floors. The community is well established so the neighbors are generally nice. As far as crime goes, "lots of crime" is highly subjective. The best way to evaluate is twofold. First. check out this site for SAPD information (linked). Second, drive around and be on the look out for police cars. Stop and ask the patrolling officer. He'll know about what is official and unofficial reports. You might even ask for the neighborhood crime watch organizer, part of the SAFFE unit. They will have the inside scoop.

I'm available to show properties at your convenience and if there are any credit score issues I have perfect solutions to help you there too. Have a good night Maureen.

Cathy Bureau
Realtor, Broker, Owner
Green Home Realty
GreenHomeRealtyTexas.com
(210) 560-1891
Currently there are 13 homes for sale in the Delview area and numerous sales within the last three months that range from $80,000 to low $100,000. The best way to determine crime is check the police reports. Agents do not have this information. Thank you for your interest. The San Antonio area is a wonderful, fun family place to live. You would love living here.
Web Reference: http://RedBrownHomes.com
Hi Maureen,

We have set up a great resource with excellent neighborhood information for buyers at:
http://PicketReport.net

Enter any zip code in the search box, and then click on the tabs labelled LIFESTYLES, SCHOOLS or NEIGHBORHOOD.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Leah McNamara GRI BPOR
Managing Broker
Best Practices Realty
(210) 745-1411
email: Broker@BestPracticesRealty.com
My husband used to work in the Dellview area and I loved it but that was back in the 80s. Dellview has hardwood floors and a convenient location. Every person has their own preference about the area that they love and their own view. What do you consider a good neighbor? Someone who visits and helps or someone who leaves you alone? Someone who keeps their property well maintained? Drive the area during different times of the day and night to get a feel for the neighborhood. Also check out the SAPD website for the crime statistics and google schools as there are about 8 websites to check out the schools.
Hi Maureen,

I would say this is a transitional neighborhood. Many people are buying homes and revitalizing them due to the great deals you can get there...many under 100K!! The neighborhood is centrally located, the homes have great character, mature trees and there is a church in the middle of the community (St. Gregory the Great), that has some great festivals thru-out the year!

I know firsthand the neighbors are friendly and helpful because my Mother lives on Mink St and has for almost 25 years. I also had a couple of sisters who lived in that area for years also. The majority of people there are hard-working middle class citizens, who take great pride in their homes. Of course there have been a few break-ins, but living in a large city...that is going to happen everywhere. I live in far north San Antonio, in a gated community, and break-ins happen here to.
If you would like to schedule a showing, or need help making a purchase...please give me a call!

Connie Riddle/ Keller Williams/ 210-326-8838
This may help. Thank you

Susan
210-835-6696
Hello Mayreen,

Great question, you can call me at 210-835-6696.
My husband is a Sergeant with the San Antonio Police, I can certainly relay the message that he has given me. Thanks for reading.

Susan