In My Neighborhood in 90706>Question Details

Farimooshi, Home Buyer in Bellflower, CA

how is it called condo look like a house?

Asked by Farimooshi, Bellflower, CA Tue Sep 18, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


A condo can be free standing or attached. As mentioned in previous statements by my colleagues. If you are still in the market and need help, please feel free to reach out to me.

All the best,

Alex Montelongo/Broker
Coldwelll Banker Star Realty
562-810-7387 Cell
BRE Lic #01456982
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 28, 2014
"still in the market" a year and 5 months after the question was asked?
Flag Tue Jan 28, 2014
A condo means you only own the inside of the walls in and it doesn't matter if it is free standing or attached. You don't own any land. The exterior is the responibility of the HOA.

Are you in the market for buying? Do you have your down payment and closing cost? I offer the CHF Access half percent down payment program with a minimum 580 fico score to qualify. It may also contribute towards your closing costs as well, making your offers stronger. I specialize in Under 640 Fico Score Loans as well as offer credit repair at no cost to raise fico scores to qualify.

Here is what is available in Bellflower up to 300k. They start at $138,500 which is only $700 down and approx. $1,013PITI @$138,500 and up.

Here are brochures and a needs list to qualify. I only need to ask a few dozen questions to pre-approve you and get you out shopping for the home of your choice.

CHF Access half percent down brochure, pdf
Sheryl Arndt, standard needs list checked, pdf
Why Rent brochure……
CHF Access income limits
Sheryl Arndt, Broker – Sr. Loan Officer
DRE# 01440252
NMLS# 297251
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 24, 2012
Good information Sheryl!
Flag Fri Mar 14, 2014
In order for a given condo to be approved for an FHA home loan, it must be on the FHA’s list of approved condominium projects. FHA publishes a searchable list of approved condo projects on its website.

Please check:

for the list of approved can check any state or city's list

Whether the walls are "touching" or not, has nothing to do with it
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
Its a condo on title. If it is a detached condo with no touching walls it will still qualify for FHA.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
your answer is incorrect - you might want to consider deleting it. Just as an example, there are townhomes by me that stand alone - have no connecting (touching) walls - yet are "condominium" forms of ownership - the complex is NOT FHA approved, thus, no one can buy there with an FHA loan.
Flag Wed Sep 19, 2012
"condo" is a legal form of ownership

"house" (single family, attached or detached townhome..... multiple family, for example) is a style

you're not alone in thinking a "condo" is an apartment styled unit, on 1 floor..........
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
I love this question. People often confused the term condo with the look of a building.

A condo can look just like a single family home and still be a condo.

In a condo you own the airspace between the walls and the association fee will cover most of the condo. And you share common area

Townhome you usually own walls in, the ground beneath and share some common area.

Single family home you own the house and land, unless it is on lease land.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
There is no condo attached to you question. Please feel free to email me directly if you have a questions about a condo or would like to view one.
DJ Bonner
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Sep 18, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer