In My Neighborhood in 33981>Question Details

Richard Tuns…, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

Asked by Richard Tunstall, Port Charlotte, FL Tue Dec 27, 2011

You got some nice answers below, and I am not from Port Charlotte, but I do like the general area quite a bit...
What I suggest if and when you find a home you are interested in, just go to google maps put in the address and explore the area, it is easy for you to tell where the next beach is, and by all means work with a Realtor who knows the area well and will not only make the appointments and show you properties but will also make sure you are preapproved and then guide you through the entire process.
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients

Depending on where the location is in Port Charlotte the distance to public beaches may vary from 25-35 minutes. On the other hand, many homes in Port Charlotte have boating access which can greatly decrease your time to some wonderful and private beach experiences.

Michael Saunders & Company
From Zip Code 33981 in Port Charlotte, FL the closest beaches would be in Englewood. They are about 20-25 minutes drive time. Here is a link to the map of those beaches:…
Port Charlotte is a harbor. Depending on what part of Port Charlotte you are in the beach is only minutes away.
The water at the local beach is brackish. Englewood has a really nice beach and water is nice and just a few more minutes away.