In My Neighborhood in 07746>Question Details

Betsy Azer, Home Buyer in New Springville, Sta...

how do i get to new york city from Marlboro?

Asked by Betsy Azer, New Springville, Staten Island, NY Thu Sep 13, 2012

Answers

11
Joan Congilose CRS,CDPE,GRI’s answer
Hi Betsy You have easy access to NYC from Marlboro by Bus, Car or Train. Marlboro is less than 10 miles from the GS Parkway exit 123 North to NY by car & it is one straight route off Hwy 9. By train from the neighboring town Matawan it take about an hour. There are also several buses that go into NYC daily from early AM & return throughout the day to late evening. There are several park n ride stops in town where you can leave your car. I hope this info is helpful!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
You have multiple options. You can take the NJ Transit Bus from Union Hill Road or Gordons Corner Road Express to NYC. Alternatively you can drive to either Matawan/Aberdeen station or South Amboy and takr the NJ Transit North Jersey Coast line into Penn Station in NYC.
Hello Betsy,

It depends where you going to NY city. If you traveling to Midtown you can take a NJ Transit bus #139 which goes to 42 street bus terminal . Going to Wall street the Academy line buses can be taken, or you can take a NJ transit #64 ( local) / 63X express to Jersey city and then the path train to either Downtown or Midtown. Also if you are resident of a Marlboro you are eligible for the discount parking permit in designated areas. You should call Marlboro township to get a parking permit.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Natalya " Natasha" OrangeKey Realty. 908 692-8783
Betsy, NJ Transit has a great web site where you just type in the address of the property and it will tell you where ALL of the nearby bus stops and train stations are.

It will work not only with Marlboro, but any town in New Jersey,

Here's the link: http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=Tri…

Marlboro's a great town, but so are several other nearby towns. Do you know there's high-speed ferry service to Manhattan from Atlantic Highlands and Highlands? The ferry has stops at Pier 11 Wall Street and at East 35th Street, so depending on where you're going in Manhattan it could be more convenient than the bus or train (and the views are WONDERFUL).

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760

(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)

ldunikoski@dianeturton.com

http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
I have lived in the area my whole married life and have done the commute myself. My husband did it for more than 20 years.
You can catch a NJ transit bus at either the Union Hill or Gordon Corner Park and ride. There you can catch an Express Bus to NYC that takes about 1 Hour.
The alternative is to drive about 15 minutes to either Matawan/Aberdeen or South Amboy Train stations and catch a Coast Line train to NYC. That train goes into Penn Station or you can change in Newark for the Path Train which will take you to Downtown Manhattan.
Since I have lived in the area for most of my adult life I am a good source of knowledge on the Real Estate Market in the Marlboro/Manalapan/ Freehold area and can provide you with helpful advice and guidance.
Please feel free to contact me. Randy Cohen Weichert Realtors, cell 732 740-0846 e- mail randycohen56@gmail.com
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
If you need recommendations as where to park near the Matawan/Aberdeen Train Station please let us know. Municipal lots are full and there's a several year wait to obtain one.
You head north.............................. :)
http://activerain.com/blogsview/2027731/commuting-from-marlb…

This blog should tell you everything you need to know!! Feel free to stay awhile and check out anything else that might interest you.
HI - First of all do you prefer a train or a bus. The bus is more convenient if your are living closer to Route 9. If you are closer to 34 the train might be more convenient from the Matawan train station. Hope this helps! Karen and Starr
There are several ways to commute to NYC from Marlboro. If you are driving, you take Rt 18 to Rt 9 to the parkway or turnpike. If you want to use the bus, there are many park and rides on Rt 9 through the town. If you want to take the train, Matawan would be your best bet. Get onto http://www.njtransit.com and you can look up both the train and bus schedules. Good luck.
Dana Lewis
Orange Key Realty
732-863-6969
Hi Betsy,
Also, there is a park and ride from Marlboro. Then you can ride the bus in. I confused Matawan and Marlboro. There is no station in Marlboro, but Matawan. Take a look at njtransit.com for schedules and fare info.

Peter G. Apicella
Realtor Associate
Prudential Zack Shore Properties
520 Washington Blvd.
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
732-915-2773
Hi Betsy,
How's everything going? Marlboro has a train station for NJ Transit that will go directly to New York Penn Station.

Peter G. Apicella
Realtor Associate
Prudential Zack Shore Properties
520 Washington Blvd.
Sea Girt, NJ 0850
732-915-2773