In My Neighborhood in 95116>Question Details

Nodonutnocop, Home Owner in 95116

how do i find out if my home belongs to a homeowners association?

Asked by Nodonutnocop, 95116 Sat Jun 23, 2012

I live in San Jose, CA 95116

Answers

7
Me and my wife just bought a building and got a 203 loan, at the closing no one showed up but us and the lawyer not there lawyer. So we signed all the paper work and a week later they said the building is yours. We had a construction loan added to that to get a new porch, garage, and fix the basement. Now the porch is done we can't get in contact with the people to pay out to the GC, now my wife feels like it was a scam and we don't even own the building. What should we do?
Hi Nodonutnocop,

I gather you bought a Home either on the Court steps or For Sale by Owner.

If you bought it off the MLS then you would have signed off on HOA documents and if there was
a neighborhood Pool or a HOA, then you would have been made aware via your Agent.

If you have lived in the home for Years and are not aware then Relax there is none,
otherwise you would have been in default and Foreclosed on by your HOA.

Now certain parts of 95116 are in City of San Jose jurisdiction Enforcement of Garbage and Utility collection. As home owners have not been Paying, then the City uses "eminent domain", otherwise you can have Diseases and Plague spreading.

When neighborhoods in Silicon Valley go bad, it is very simple, we cant just let it get worse.
Then the City moves in, and by eminent domain sets up, a 10 year Policy, you maybe part of that policy.

Relax, San Jose is not the only one who does it. Actually, there are Counties who use
the Power of Government call Eminent Domain.....click on link..

...http://www.trulia.com/blog/perry_mistry/2012/06/california_c…

You need to check with your Realtor or with the City now if you bought on Court steps.

Hope it is crystal clear.
Perry
How long ago did you get buy your house? First, check the purchase paperwork - look for TDS paragraph C.12 and C.13. If you don't have the purchase paperwork go check the county records. It is also good to check with the neighbors, talk to your agent, google, etc.
Don't understand how you could not know:

Does your neighborhood have a wall around it and a gate?
That should have been disclosed to you when you purchased your home. You would be responsible to make payments to an association.

Perhaps you want to know if your home has CC&R's? This could be the case which doesn't necessarily require an Association.

A good rule of thumb would be if there are common areas, such as parks, streets, club house, etc. that is a benefit to you but are maintained by someone else, then it most likely belongs to an association.
Web Reference: http://www.terrivellios.com
Normally, in a homeowner's association, you would know by the monthly HOA fee that is paid by you. If you would like to email me your address, I can look it up. You can contact me privately through my Trulia profile.
I am puzzled............you're living there ("my home") and you don't know?

ask your neighbor......or agent...........or google the name of the community!