Jo Anne Domin, Other/Just Looking in Pittsburgh, PA

how do i find comparables for our house for taxing purposes?

Asked by Jo Anne Domin, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Feb 27, 2012

the house is over evaluated and I need to show comparable home prices in the West End area of the city of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

Answers

3
I would be happy to assist you with comps if you would like to contact me.
Check the assessment page for similar homes on nearby streets that have sold recently. It's a good idea to include the building size & price by the square foot.

OR...call the agent who sold you the house. This is a service that I provide to my clients at no charge. The benefit of this research (aside from the fact that you're getting help with it) is that agents often have information on the condition of the comparable properties, which is a major factor in pricing.

Good luck with your appeal!

-DH
This will take some of your time and effort. Search local listings to your home on the internet. Try to find houses for sale that are close in age, size, location, amenities and the like. The closer to your house, the better. Print these houses out and take them with you when you go to fight the taxes. Here is some more information: http://law.freeadvice.com/tax_law/property_tax_law/property_…