shadamoretn, Renter in Baltimore, MD

how bad is this neighborhood really?? How often do people get shot in this neighborhood because i have a newborn and i dont want my life in jeopardy??

Asked by shadamoretn, Baltimore, MD Tue Nov 8, 2011

Answers

8
Then Y even consider this area ?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 8, 2011
Another site you can go to is http://www.picketreport.com VERY COOL website for neighborhood information.
A very useful site that you can visit is http://www.crimebaltimore.com to see where the most crimes are committed in the Baltimore area. How-ever you should take into consideration that is not where you live, but how you live, that would influence your child the most.

Blessed love
Crime can happen in any neighborhood. It is up to you to determine the right area for you and your family. Do your due diligence and you should be alright.

Edith Chandler
ExecuHome Realty
443-731-6257 Cell
443-632-3000 Office
443-632-3908 Fax
If you drive by and don't wanna get out of your car; not good area to consider. As Realtors we have to be careful what we say and how we say it. Don't wanna "steer" anyone. I understand your concerns. I'm a mom as well. I visit neighborhoods before making a final decision. I research schools in the vicinity, and spend time in the area; walking, driving, shopping, etc. If my gut tells me something is amiss, I go with that instinct.

If you'd like demographics on different areas in the Baltimore metro area let me know.

Happy House Hunting,
Marlene
I agree 100% with BG. If safety is a major concern, and you have a serious concern about the neighborhood, then don't even buy there. Police and other statistics can give you the facts, but you have to feel comfortable and secure there, too.

Look for some place that you feel safe in.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
You can go onto Baltimore City's crime map and see the crime for the past 90 days. I would also recommend doing an internet search to see what other crime websites exist.

Mark
_________________________
Mark Lee
Residential and Commercial Real Estate

Mark Lee Team
RE/MAX Acclaimed Realty

c: 410-375-6114
o: 410-561-0055
For information on crime statistics you should contact the local police dept.