mcrawford1998, Home Buyer in Detroit, MI

foreal, can I see (view), some homes in that area thats rent to own?

Asked by mcrawford1998, Detroit, MI Tue Feb 25, 2014

Answers

6
Rent to own is not a good idea, therefore fix whatever is preventing you from purchasing outright. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright, or simply continue renting until a purchase can be made.....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 25, 2014
If you contact an agent(such as myself) they can get you set up on a search exclusively for rent to own homes!
Land contracts are a great option for anyone looking to build their credit while discipline grows with making payments on time. My first sale was a land contract and the buyers is well satisfied.
We can get you a land contract, which is basically the same thing as rent to own. But it usually as better terms
mcrawford,
Legitimate rent to owns are so few and far between that I wouldn't focus on them. Find a home to rent, save your money, fix your credit and then when you're ready buy a home you love. You'll have so many more options and be in a much stronger position to negotiate a good deal versus taking what you can find, if you can find.
Here's a link to a blog I wrote on how to find rent-to-own homes: http://bit.ly/findaleaseoption

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA