In My Neighborhood in 17325>Question Details

Kimberly Fit…, Both Buyer and Seller in Joppa, MD

ever since iwas a little girl i have loved going to gettysburg. in april of this year i am getting married at the Cashtown inn which is going to be

Asked by Kimberly Fitzell, Joppa, MD Thu Jan 7, 2010

my dream wedding. my future husband and I both have a love for Gettysburg and are working like crazy to find a place we would love to move into and call it our home. As visitors, whom come up 2 to 3 times a month(we only live an hour away) we would like to know what it is actually like to live here? we also have a hobby of ghost hunting and the civil war so that is why we come here so often.

Answers

5
Lauri Camplese’s answer
Kimberly,

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. What a joyess occasion to expand ones family.

I do not live in the Gettysburg area, but I have a few friends that have lived there for quite a number of years and seem to love it. I have showed a few homes in that area to clients that have bought properties and they all speak of how they love the area. A few of them have actually went to the battlefield to do some ghost hunting. I am trying to get the nerve to go with them once, especially after reading The most haunted places in Pennsylvania.

I know that this is a very busy time for you, with dress fittings, seating charts and everything else with your wedding being so close. If after your honeymoon you find some time and want to sit down in my office and go over what you want and need in a home please email or call me.

Lauri Camplese
Exit Platinum Plus Realty
3560 Gettysburg Road
Camp Hill, Pa 17011
717-920-2900 office extension 117
717-920-6460 direct line
717-920-6403 front end fax
717-920-6461 direct fax
Lauri.Camplese@exithomefinder.com

Once again Congratulations!
Your post really didn't say if you are in a position to buy or if your looking for a place to rent. I've lived in Gettysburg for almost 9 years. I raised my two children here and I'm now looking to move south. I've lived in quite a few places in my life both large suburban areas and very rural areas. I can honestly say I've enjoyed living here the most. I planning on putting my home up for sale in a few months but if by chance your looking to purchase post your specifics. I'd love to save realtor commission.
The best way to really know what it is like is to rent there for awhile. Once you have been there for a month or 3 you will have an idea if you like it or not.

By renting first you will not find yourself stuck if you do not like it there.
Kimberly:

Congratulations on your wedding and decision to move into our lovely area.

There will certainly be numerious opportunities for you to pursue your interests. in this area.

I would love an opportunity to talk with you folks on one of your trips to the area, to see how I can help you make a seamless transition into the area.

As a member of the Cartus Relaocation net work, I have considerable experience in hel[ping folks like yourselves with relocation.

Warmest Regards
Conway S. Williams, Jr.
REALTOR®, ABR, ePRO®
CMMS, CMRS, CNAS
ERA Preferred Properties Real Estate, Inc.
224 Baltimore Street
Gettysburg, Pa. 17325
Email: MailTo:conway.williams@era.com
Website: http://www.GettysburgERA.com
Profile: http://associates.era.com/conwaywilliams
office phone 717-334-2464 x298
office fax 717-334-2064
CELL PHONE 717-319-6952
toll free 877-334-2434
PA Lic# RS 272889

You know me as a real estate specialist in the Adams County and Hanover area, but I can also assist you, your family and friends with real estate virtually anywhere in the world. ERA Preferred Properties RE is an AWARD WINNING part of the Cartus Broker network, the largest relocation company in the country. So let me take the stress out of your out-of-area relocation needs.
Kimberly,
I actually live right up the street from the Inn, the owners are personal freinds. If you go to my website you can scroll through my blogs and see posts that I have done about Gettysburg, as well as the Inn. Living in Adams county is great, the pace is slow and easy, yet you are close enough to a number of cities if you feel the need for that pace now and again. Feel free to contact me (my email address in available from my website) if you have any questions that need more detailed answers. I would be happy to help out in any way that I could.

Gerry Michaels