In My Neighborhood in 98383>Question Details

Linda Norris, Other/Just Looking in Gatlinburg, TN

considering living here in the Chico Beach pocket neighborhood. What is it like living in the area?

Asked by Linda Norris, Gatlinburg, TN Wed Apr 25, 2012

Answers

4
Linda, the quality of life here on the Kitsap Peninsula is wonderful. We have the best of both worlds by having quick access to the Seattle city life by ferry boat, and the more relaxed slower-pace of life in a more rural setting here in Kitsap County. Silverdale is the retail mecca for the area, with the Kitsap Mall and many big box stores like Costco, Best Buy, Trader Joes, etc.. Chico Beach is a nice area along Dyes Inlet with Eastern exposure. As is rather typical of our area, there is an eclectic mix of homes along the water, but overall, it's a very nice place to call home. Chico Way used to be the main north/south road through Central Kitsap until Hwy. 3 was constructed. There are lots of great waterfront homes and neighborhoods surrounding the Kitsap Peninsula. Poulsbo (called Little Norway) is a very popular community just north of Chico, with a fun, artsy Scandanavian downtown area. Seabeck is situated along the shores of the Hood Canal with amazing views of the stunning Olympic Mountains.

About the only drawback of living here is getting used to the amount of rainfall we have. Most of its simply a slight drizzle, with lots of overcast days. But there's typically around 3 to 4 solid months of incredible weather that more than makes up for it.

Feel free to ask me any additional questions. I've got loads of photo galleries on my website and blog - http://www.KitsapLife.com and http://www.SoundBiteBlog.com

Rich Jacobson
360-440-4758
The area west of Puget Sound is a great mix of proximity to a major city (Seattle) with a slower more rural feel made possible by the water separating us. Chico Beach is in Kitsap County, which has over 250 miles of coastline, so there is good beach access and plenty of places to explore by boat. We are between two mountain ranges, the Cascades to the east, and the Olympic Mountains to the west giving great views in many directions.

There are many local spots to get a good walk in a natural setting, and for a real wilderness experience the Olympic National Park is not much over an hour's drive away. There you will find wild rivers, pristine wilderness and even glaciers.

I think it is the best of both worlds, and I love it here.

For links to even more local information, click on the link below to go to the resources page of my web site.
Are you thinking about the new cottages? Chico is lovely and quaint. My mom grew up in that area so she is rather patial toward it.
I love it- after spending 6 years in the U.S. Air Force I returned because their is no place more beautiful and with freindlier people anywhere...

does that help?