In My Neighborhood in 02186>Question Details

Barbara D., Other/Just Looking in Plymouth County, MA

can you park a truck, boat or rv in driveways?

Asked by Barbara D., Plymouth County, MA Thu Jan 20, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


Mikel Defrancesco’s answer
As you've heard from multiple sources here... in general you cannot. I'd like to point out that it's one of the characteristics that make Milton a great place to live. Great proximity to the city but a distinct neighborhood feel.

That being said, a resourceful homeowner can enjoy all the benefits of living in our town, voted top 10 in the country while having access to Quincy Marinas, or rent a garage or space in Quincy, Dedham etc. Get the home and neighborhood you want with easy access to the toys!

If you are looking for more information about a specific area, I've owned my own small brokerage ( Milton Homes, Inc ) and our new site is focused primarily on Milton and offers hard to find Milton information like every home sold, sales statistics, foreclosure or REO properties and more. It can be found at and offers direct access to every home for sale in Milton.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 22, 2011
Marybeth is correct. In addition you can see if there are specific deed restrictions by going to and reviewing the deed.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 21, 2011
Milton is very specific regarding parking vehicles and boats, especially work vans. Most places you can not park in the street and some places in Milton prohibit parking in driveways or on property as well. If this is a concern to you in purchasing your new home it is best that you yourself speak to the zoning department at Milton Town Hall and give your detailed information on the vehicle you are intending on parking. Also some neighborhoods in Milton may have individual covenants in the neighborhood which would be recorded at the Norfolk Registry of Deeds. I am located on the Southshore of Boston if I may be of assistance and originally from Milton, it is a great community.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
If you are not part of an association, and you are living in Milton, and you are talking about a property in a AA, A, B or C District, ... go to and click on the 2007 Zoning Bylaw link. This will open a .pdf of the town bylaws. If you search the document for the word boat, you will find what you are looking for in section III, B: Accessory Uses in Residence AA, A, B and C Districts. Look at section (g).
you will need to know what district you are in. If it is not one of those covered in this section, keep looking in the docuument.
When you know someone is looking for property on Cape Cod, I'd be glad to help them, too.
Best wishes, Heath Coker
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
For accurate information, check with the local city/town regarding any parking regulations....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Depends on the neighborhood. Some have HOAs that have rules against that.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2014 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer