In My Neighborhood in Alief>Question Details

Arnold, Renter in 07302

best place for divorced father paying child support

Asked by Arnold, 07302 Wed Jun 16, 2010

Answers

5
I was thinking " As far as possible from the ex" Maybe that is right?
Hi Arnold,

The best place for a divorced father paying chld support, depends on you. If you're interested in being close to your children, or if you want them pretty close or not to far away Downtown or inside the loop would be a great location, so you have plenty to do to keep yourself busy. Let me know if I can help you find a great home or condo? I'm a native Houstonian and know all of the hot spots. Good luck Arnold! Call me, I'm sure I can help you.
If you are really a concerned parent and you want to be involved in your children's lives, then live within the same school zone as your children. Then, they may ride the bus home from school to your house if needed. As a teacher in a previous career, I always found it was so hard for the children that had two different houses to live in while they grew up. The children that had both parents nearby always seemed to fair better.

This is not an easy situation for you or your children. I pray for you that it turns out for the best.
Hi Arnold,

There really isn't a "Best" place. You need to decide if you want to live close to your child or if that doesn't matter. Maybe you want to live close to work or in town. These are decisions you need to decide. If you're planning on buying something, get approved first. Once you get approved by a lender, find a good Realtor that will help you find the "Best" place for you. If you ned any help, feel free to contact me.

Debbie
Much will depend on what best is to you--any local agent can help you based on your personal criteria.