In My Neighborhood in 90247>Question Details

Rosa Guerrero, Real Estate Pro in Palmdale, CA

area is not a bad crime? i know part of gardena is bad is this area 163 st gardena bad palace to live in

Asked by Rosa Guerrero, Palmdale, CA Sun Jun 20, 2010

Answers

5
I know several families who have lived in Gardena for over 25 years and they have had no crime problems. Gardena is like any other area, it changes from 1 block to the next. You can google the police ratings.

As an agent one thing I know for sure, the buyer is the only person who can determine if an area is okay with them or not.

Shirley A. Smith
323-385-3584
BRE# 01496590
This is a terrible place to live . On Jan 19 there was a shoot out at the bay breeze apartments the building had to be evacuated. On the outside the neighborhood looks quiet but there are too many criminals in this area
Rosa, I have sold many homes in Gardena the area between 160th and 166th. The are definitely some good areas in there that are mostly residential. But these areas can change depending on the area. For instance you could find two similar homes on the same street, but 10 blocks apart, and there could be a significant difference in price and desireability (to some). Unfortunately, police stats won't pick up on those details.
The best thing to do is find a local agent and set up some appointments and go check out these neighborhoods with your agent. Then you will know.
Web Reference: http://www.nhlbrokers.com
If you are concerned about crime, your best source of information is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions--hear all there is to hear firsthand; they'll gladly help.
It's best for everyone looking at specific neighborhoods to investigate for themselves. You can contact the local police or sheriff's office and inquire about the crime rate. Also, look into the schools district of any city you might buy a home in, if schools are of important to you. Good luck in your home search. If you don't have a REALTOR yet, I'd be happy to talk with you and see how best we can work together! Gardena is in my service area.
Web Reference: http://DeborahLondon.com