In My Neighborhood in 78550>Question Details

Woodydach, Home Buyer in Harlingen, TX

are they gay friendly?

Asked by Woodydach, Harlingen, TX Thu Aug 16, 2012

Answers

12
Hi, I would love to help you but I need you to share a bit and elaborate for me so I can give you my best answer. I'll be waiting to hear back from you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 17, 2012
What's your definition of friendly?
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
I'm not sure on how you want me to answer your question.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 16, 2012
Please contact me at 956-536-9270 or realestatezintiha@hotmail.com, I would love to help you!!
Realtors work in a very Black and White world:
We are prohibited from broaching certain subjects;
Like Religion, Ethnicity, Sex, etc.
It is considered STEERING; whether we are directing clients toward and area, or away from an area.
This keeps us out of trouble, and our beliefs do not become an issue.

You make you own decision about this, and leave us out of it. Please.
The Rio Grande Valley is a diverse community and laid back atmosphere. Come on down!!
JUST BY ASKING THAT QUESTION IT YOU ARE SEPARATING YOURSELF, PLEASE WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE THINK SPECIALLY CHURNCES JUST MOVE AND ENJOY
it is difficult to enjoy when the community overall may have a ridiculous prestigious religious issue with someone living there truth.
Many people care, because many like to hate especially in conservative America.
So this question is a legitimate one.
Flag Wed Sep 5, 2012
Really....truly the best avenue for this information is to visit the area and formulate your own personal impression. In this manner you won't have to rely on the possibly flawed impressions of others.

would like to here from other gay professionals that have move to harlingen tx or were transfered to Harlingen! Nashville gay couple possible moving to Harlingen..early spring 2013
Hello! I would love to help you both find a home in Harlingen! I personally know some gay couples that are friends of mine that could possibly help shed some light on this for you. We would need to talk a bit over the phone and I can see if I can coordinate a call with them. They are friendly and always willing to help which is why I feel comfortable offering this. Let me know if I can help you further. Call me anytime! (956) 648-8251
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Nope, they are not welcoming to gays at all. Unless you do everything in your power to hide the fact that you are gay.
And what type of life is that.
there are many masculine homosexual men married to women with children. very masculine single gay men and masculine lesbians are welcomed.
Flag Sun Mar 3, 2013
you are welcome. I will accept you and so will my family. But I am a liberal from Chicago (via South Africa) living here. Others here are a bit miffed. They have this attitude like, if you are nice, respectful to me and mind your own business then I'll accept you.
Which is code for: Stay in the Closet!
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Jamie, Thanks for the reply... theres a possible chance were might move down there not 100% sure. still pending. I guess we"ll have to start our gay group! : )
Flag Sat Aug 25, 2012
Check with gay or lesbian groups or organizations in the area. They'd have a good sense on the community's level of acceptance of gays.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Not sure what you are referring to. No one should be discriminatory.